Environmental Advisor – Marine – VR/23809
Currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Advisor - Marine on a 6-month contract basis for a Subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, the Environmental Advisor will work as part of the Offshore Resources team, and will manage all company vessels, equipment and crew working on global projects. The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide environmental advice on the technical and operational management of all fleet related matters.
The Environmental Advisor – Marine will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining the fleet Environmental Management System (EMS), including mandatory vessel documentation and contributing to the development of the EMS and Safety Management System.
- Leading and maintaining ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 compliance for the fleet, including monitoring and reporting of clean operations, international marine organisation and flag state environmental data.
- Monitoring environmental performance, including participation in Management reviews, initiatives and campaigns, and advising management on areas where improvement is required or recommended.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant international, national and flag state legislation - including the identification, planning and roll-out of all new environmentally related legislative requirements.
- Providing support to offshore resources initiatives and reporting, including environmental objectives, sustainability programmes, carbon disclosure requirements, annual and quarterly board reporting.
- Leading or participating in the investigation of environmental incidents.
- Leading or participating in internal international safety management, ISO, vessel assurance and international ship and port facility security audits.
- Leading or participating in supplier audits.
- Providing support to internal and external stakeholders, in relation to all fleet related environmental matters and global matters, where directed.
- Being the primary contact for all marine pollution emergency response requirements, including maintenance of international and national systems.
- Expediting closure of actions related to non-conformities, vessel audit findings and incidents.
- Deputising for the HSEQ Manager, as required.
- Acting as support for the Designated Personal Ashore (DPA) and Deputy DPAs, as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Environmental qualification is essential.
- Membership of a recognised professional body (e.g. IEMA, CIEEM, EI or similar) is essential.
- Being Lead Environmental Auditor qualified, with associated practical experience, is essential.
- Wide-ranging marine environmental experience at an advisory level, gained within the global Marine and Offshore sectors, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Marine / vessel experience is essential.
- ISM and ISPS auditing experience would be desirable.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team