Environmental & Sustainability Lead - VR/24045
Currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental & Sustainability Lead on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas operator based in central Aberdeen. Occasional offshore travel will be required - therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
The Environmental and Sustainability Lead will provide the necessary environmental leadership and drive, ensuring that the operational assets, projects and drilling and wells groups – plus other functional supporting teams including New Energy - receive assistance and advice in all aspects related to effective environmental management.
Reporting to the Head of HSEQ, the Environmental & Sustainability Lead will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Primary Environmental and Sustainability focal point for all Operational, Drilling and Wells, Projects and other functional requests relating to environmental and sustainability matters (e.g. operational, project and wells environmental permits, Emissions Trading Scheme reporting etc.).
- Developing appropriate proactive objectives and ensure they are incorporated into, and managed to completion within, the HSEQ Plan.
- Developing, overseeing and actively participating in environmental audits – both internal and supporting external audits – including completion of regular offshore audits, whilst ensuring direct reports also undertake regular auditing (including offshore).
- Managing and facilitating regulatory inspections, and ensuring corrective actions are adequately closed out to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensuring implementation and compliance of the Energy and Environmental Management systems on the local assets and operations.
- Acting as focal point for the Certification Body relating to the Energy and Environmental Management Systems.
- Ensuring timely reporting of accurate data, complying with external regulatory and internal reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Ensuring appropriate management of emergency response and security arrangements, including completion of exercises specific to environmental scenarios.
- Proactively working to identify and drive implementation of improvements (e.g. emissions reduction plans) and liaising with the HSEQ Department, locally and corporately, to resolve.
- Providing environmental and sustainability support to other company regions as appropriate.
- Ensuring regulatory and internal reporting requirements are complied with, and issues managed, with respect to the assets, operations and technical functions.
- Ensuring appropriate selection and management of contractor companies, taking account of environmental considerations.
- Ensuring industry Environmental best practices and standards are followed / implemented, in conjunction with the relevant Technical Authorities and Business Process Owners.
- Monitoring and facilitating management of assets, operations and technical functions’ environmental performance, and their environmental plans and objectives.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of environmental competency management framework and training.
- Ensuring all incidents and near misses are reported, investigated, remedial action is taken and lessons are learned.
- Working to ensure timely close out of all Synergi actions and ensure IMS documentation is maintained and is up to date.
- Ensuring that all relevant governance is in full compliance with applicable regulations and GOIMS requirements.
- Ensuring that all relevant governance is in full compliance with applicable regulations and the requirements of GOIMS element 8 – Environmental Stewardship.
- Acting as the focal point for liaising with the Environmental regulations (OPRED and the Environment Agency).
- Supporting the Emergency Response Organisation by filling a role on the ER duty rota.
- Supervising and mentoring Environmental Team personnel and ensuring they fulfil objectives.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant university degree qualification would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to hold IEMA membership or equivalent (e.g. Energy Institute).
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil and gas operator, is essential.
- Strong experience in previous Environmental-based roles, covering the support and management of offshore operations, is essential.
- Experience with Management Systems is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team