Environmental Technical Advisor - VR/26693
TMM is working with an Oil and Gas Operator who are currently recruiting for an Environmental Technical Advisor to join their Team in Aberdeen. This is a full-time staff position with a highly competitive salary and benefits package on offer. This an onshore role, however there will be an ad-hoc requirement for offshore travel.
Reporting to the Environmental Team Lead, as the Environmental Technical Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- As SME develop and maintain procedures / tools and assurance techniques to allow all sites to comply with the associated environmental regulations and meet best practice.
- Coaching and mentoring Asset Based Environmental Advisors to grow their understanding of Atmospherics empowering them to manage the subject matter for their Assets.
- Providing clear and concise expectations around Atmospheric data collection / management and the importance of valid, representative raw data. Additionally, understanding and highlighting of data risks within the subject matter area to key stakeholders.
- Providing support and advice to Environmental Advisors within their allocated SME Focal Point area empowering them to lead the subject within the business.
- Will work closely with the Company Emissions Manager in support of emissions forecasting, emissions reduction strategies by knowledge input within their specialist subject matter area.
- Will provide ad-hoc environmental support to the Environment Team and site(s) during peak periods through coordinating permit updates / renewals and general compliance advice.
- Will pro-actively engage with Operations / Wells & Decommissioning to establish and implement agreed management strategies for environmental issues inclusive of specialist subject matter areas.
- The role will be both an internal and external facing Environmental Technical Advisor managing Atmospherics compliance requirements.
- Providing direction and support to site HSE Advisors and Environment Reps as and when required.
- Acting as focal point for regulatory Atmospherics compliance inspections covering specialist subject matter areas.
- Supporting and participating in SEMS audits with particular focus on adherence to Golden Rules, meeting Legal and Regulatory requirements, Environmental Risks, communication of environmental risks, supporting emergency response, management of hazardous materials, and controlling atmospheric emissions.
- Monitoring environmental regulatory compliance, deadlines and commitments and track performance against targets and / or regulatory limits within specialist subject matter areas.
- Supporting the environmental audit and assurance programs.
- Continuous improvement of the environmental elements within the SEMS.
- Where applicable support incident investigations so that lessons can be learnt and are effectively communicated across the site(s).
- Will provide support and input to corporate environmental reporting, specifically Atmospherics performance.
- Supporting delivery of the environmental element of the company Annual HSE Plan, and sites’ HSE Plans.
- Supporting delivery of the Annual Environmental Statement.
- Acting as Environmental Technical Authority and assign suitable delegate.
- Fulfilling role of out of hours contact as required.
- Relevant degree or post graduate diploma (or equivalent) in an environmental discipline or a core science would be preferred, or considerable technical experience in a similar role.
- Strong background in Atmospherics.
- Proven track record of delivering UK ETS verification.
- Previous experience as an Environmental Advisor for an offshore operator is advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK regulatory regime
- IEMA Lead Environmental Auditor.
- OPEP Level 3.
- OPITO approved BOSIET with Compressed Air EBS.
- Investigation Training (TapRooT, Kelvin Top-Set etc.).
- Ability to travel offshore.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team