ERP Engineer - VR/26495
TMM Recruitment is working with a market leading energy sector company headquartered in Cove to help find an ERP Engineer. Troubleshooting, resolving, and maintaining ERP systems, ensuring high availability and compliance. Collaborating with stakeholders, design processes, and contributing to the delivery of an ongoing ERP upgrade. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of SQL and will take charge of documentation, process improvement, and improving business process efficiency.
As part of the Business Systems Team, you will ensure a high level of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system availability, providing support and resolving any issues which occur. Within the Business System Team, you will be a focal point for and an authority on ERP matters.
As the ERP focal point, you will troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve ERP issues, providing solutions as required. Solutions will comply with the associated controls and procedures, including further development of these when required.
You will maintain the ERP system by configuring operators, companies and associated sub-structures and modules, importing data, and producing reports including informing the architecture and design of these. You will also work at technical, configuration, design, and support levels with associated applications. These include document workflow/printing solutions and reports (Excel, SSRS and Crystal). Strong knowledge of such reporting and underlying SQL Server databases is required.
As an ERP specialist, and under the guidance of the ERP Project Manager, you’ll contribute to delivery of an ongoing ERP upgrade. This requires configuration, testing and feedback reporting. Subsequently you’ll be involved in rollout activities including user training and process documentation ensuring a smooth transition between systems.
This role is suited to strong communicators capable of multi-tasking in respect of engaging with the organization and Business Systems Team to deliver a successful ERP upgrade.
In the course of your work, you will produce and maintain process documentation, use change controls systems, and defining and track issues to a high standard, being an exemplar of this within the Business Systems Team.
The successful candidate is required to contribute to wider Business Systems daily activities, and as such we will be looking for candidates who have experience of working in a role which requires them to operate at both design and operational levels.
In this role you are required to provide out of hours on call duty cover on a week on week off basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysing and configurating of ERP including application interfaces and reporting solutions.
- Analysing, designing, configurating, implementing, and maintaining of the Syspro ERP system including the database back-end.
- To be a point of seniority and escalation within the team for ERP related matters.
- Analysing and proposing business process improvement and coordination of subsequent technical implentation.
- Working with key business stakeholders to design and implement processes and systems, ensuring these meet strategic business goals.
- Developing a strong understanding of organization structure, policies, and processes, recommending appropriate solutions, and improvements.
- Retaining business process and technical knowledge of the company ERP system and related solutions.
- Establishing and cementing strong relationships at appropriate levels across the company to ensure a broad organisational ERP understanding, working as ‘One Team’ to achieve best performance and outputs.
- Documenting ERP business process.
- Daily support activities in the business systems area including collecting calls, logging/updating support tickets and ensuring a high level of ERP uptime and stability.
- Contributing to business systems daily and frequency-based activities including duty cover as required (week on/week off out of hours duty cover) and month-end processing.
- Improving business process efficiency by de-skilling and automating tasks and through ERP configuration and interigation.
- Recommending/deploying ERP-related software solutions to continuously improve process.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in suitable IT discipline.
- Current UK Driving License.
- Experience in a similar role and ideally during ERP upgrade
- Analysis, configuration, integration, maintenance, and support of ERP software.
- Technical skills in a Microsoft environment including Visual Studio and SQL Server.
- Documentation of ERP process and solutions.
- Manufacturing, distribution, and sales business system.
- ERP analysis, process design, configuration, deployment, and integration.
- Strong interpersonal, documentation, presentation, and communication skills to facilitate and convey process and technical detail at all
- Ability to comply with established Business Systems workload management and change controls.
- Planning and time management with ability to deliver a consistently high level of output.
- Ability to work within existing processes and business structures.
- Hands on attitude, willing and able to provide wider Business Systems support as required in line with business systems support as required.
- Microsoft SQL Server database development (stored procedures, views, functions).
- Excel reporting development and either SSRS or Crystal Reports development.
- Relevant certification.
- A good understanding of, and ideally experience within operational and project management areas, in the context of defining, implementing, and executing improvement plans and the achievement of associated objectives.
- Scripting/programming skills (e.g., VBScript, VBA, C#).
- Experience with Syspro ERP.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team