Events Manager - VR/23548
TMM Recruitment is exclusively supporting Subsea UK with the appointment of an Events Manager, on a permanent basis.
Subsea UK is transitioning into The Global Underwater Hub (GUH), a new strategically-focused, intelligence-led organisation that aims to transform the UK’s underwater industry into one of the largest and fastest-growing industries in the country.
The Events Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead and manage the creation and delivery of the range of physical, online and hybrid events (exhibitions, conferences, workshops, meetings and webinars) that support the GUH organisations delivery of services to members, partners and potential service users.
Full details can be found below, please do get in touch with the team for a confidential chat.
Led and governed by industry, the GUH will represent, promote and support all sectors of the underwater industry by providing companies with the market information, connections and access to specialist expertise that they need to grow.
A key part of this role will be working with Sector and Project Specialist colleagues to support their engagement activities and delivery of events applicable to that specific market sector.
The Events Manager is also accountable to the Operations Director and has further responsibility to support the delivery of the organisation’s annual business plan. Role responsibilities include developing and managing the range of internal and external GUH activities, primarily leading on new and existing member engagement activities such as supporting the delivery of events, driving proactive revenue generation through new and innovative events and activities, as well as utilising and supporting communications as required in event planning, marketing and advertising.
These are key roles that are central to meeting GUH operational performance and financial targets.
- Leading and managing the creation and delivery of the range of physical, online and hybrid events (exhibitions, conferences, workshops, meetings and webinars) that support the GUH organisations delivery of services to members, partners and potential service users.
- Leading and driving proactive revenue generation through identifying opportunities for new and innovative events and activities.
- Leading and delivering the management and coordination of all Subsea UK events and functions both nationally and internationally performing a pivotal role in delivering a professional events service to the membership.
- Input to and delivering on KPIs and targets included in the annual events plan and revenue generation targets.
- Leading and managing coordination of relationships with sponsors, suppliers, PR consultants, venue providers and all other parties through the entire life cycle of an event or function from pre-planning, budget control, troubleshooting, staging on the day to post event/function debriefing and feedback.
- Ensuring that all events-based needs and expectations of the membership are fully understood, and delivered, and that any required customisation or adjustment to GUH events support and service provision is implemented.
- Business development – focus on maintaining, retaining and developing relationships with Subsea UK members Work closely with the Business Development Manager, Relationship Managers and Commercial Team to ensure that strategies are aligned, and obtain data input from market intelligence gained via membership to drive new and proactive event-based revenue generation opportunities.
- Encouraging collaboration within the global underwater community.
- Other duties as directed by the CEO and Operations Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Operations or business-related discipline or equivalent events management prior experience.
- Demonstrable strategic and operational experience within events management.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role/environment.
- Knowledge and experience of underwater business environments.
- Ability to manage annual events budgets in excess of £100,000 plus.
- Knowledge of and experience of working in and/or with Events Management providers.
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with a broad range of stakeholders and senior level management.
- Ability to act as the main operational contact for the GUH membership on events activities, queries and issues.
- Ability to input to and develop events management aspects of the GUH Operations plan.
- Customer events management, coordination and facilitation.
- Ability to facilitate networking with Relationship managers and represent and build relations at trade fairs and GUH customer events.
- Shaping and safeguarding of internal events agenda.
- Can demonstrate a track record of successful project delivery, on time and budget.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Personal computer proficiency, Microsoft Office 365 skills essential.
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with and range of stakeholders and senior level management.
- Has the proven ability to facilitate and support collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Is strategically aware but action orientated.
- Is a proven self-starter, capable of working under own direction often in remote global locations.
- Has demonstrated/commands respect from peers and demonstrates the ability to lead, motivate and develop diverse staff.
- High level of integrity and discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team