Expeditor - VR/23726
Expeditor required for a 12-15 month fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave.
In your role as Expeditor, you’ll be responsible for the accurate and timely supply of goods, in a key role for the company. You’ll work alongside a team of Buyers, expediting open orders and monitoring supplier performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expediting purchase orders with suppliers to ensure goods arrive as required.
- Identifying priority orders and progressing / managing accordingly.
- Processing expediting reports in a timely manner.
- Updating the ERP system with current delivery dates.
- Updating ERP systems with any notes relating to specific purchase orders.
- Liaising with Buyers regarding issues with open orders.
- Highlighting problems to internal customers on delivery information.
- Arranging transport for incoming goods where required.
- Communicating and liaising with the goods-in department regarding delivery discrepancies.
- Supporting the Purchasing Manager with administrative duties; including management reports and audits.
Applicants to this position should have previous experience in a Buying/Expediting role, with a knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures and proven negotiation skill. You’ll need excellent communication skills, a working knowledge of ERP systems and excellent attention to detail.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team