Finance Analyst - VR/24758
Finance Analyst required on a permanent basis based in either Montrose or Forfar working for a large-scale Oil and Gas service company. Applicants are required to have experience in a financial and accounting background and ideally working towards a professional accountancy qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- To assist the local Management Team with reporting, analysis and presentation, as required, on actual, forecast and plan numbers.
- To calculate and review POC calculations regularly with the business.
- To review work orders costs with the business partner on a monthly basis prior to POC calculations being made.
- To review aged WIP and provide commentary to the business to ensure Work orders are being completed on a timely basis and to feed this into the accounting team for SOX purposes.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- To look at process improvements in terms of reporting to local Management Team.
- Assist the FC to establish an effective forecasting process and ensure compliance to this.
- Proactively analyse cost trends within the P&Ls.
- Provide training to budget holders to ensure they understand financial concepts.
- To liaise with managers on their input for monthly and annual planning, load and review.
- To complete submissions of monthly financials including variance / other analysis schedules as required complete with business commentary following reviews with bus partner.
- Identify financial status by comparing and analysing actual results with plan and forecasts.
- Improve financial status by analysing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to Management.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, specifically Montrose repair manager to ensure effective business partnering and to gain full understanding of cost base, absorption rates in order to drive efficiencies and reduce costs.
- To provide UK Financial Controller and UK and Norway Aftermarket FP&A manager with financial information as required.
- To constantly review for continual improvement, systems and procedures in relation to financial reporting.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team