Financial Accountant - VR/23072
Financial Accountant required on a permanent basis to join global leader in the oil and gas services industry. Based out of the office in Westhill, the position offers a diverse and challenging role, within a professional and process improvement driven team.
Reporting to the FRC Financial Reporting Team Senior Accountant, the role offers excellent opportunities to develop accounts preparation and analytical review experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing statutory financial statements and quarterly management accounts.
- Liaising and supplying external auditors’ information regarding year-end consolidated financial statements and statutory financial statements.
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards, applicable local accounting standards, local legislation, reporting disclosures and group accounting policies, ensuring they are applied and upheld.
- Compliance with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements, ensuring financial controls are addressed within deadlines set.
- Preparation of reconciliations and analysis with relevant and appropriate back up and critical analysis of the balances in significant entities and assistance with review of Associate Accountants work.
- Assistance in testing internal controls on a monthly basis.
- Helping to establish best practice, standardisation and ways of working for all legal entities.
- Pro-active participation in / lead the coaching activities to the Associate Accountants within the team.
- Identifying areas of process improvements and propose potential solutions.
- Working closely with the wider Finance Team to resolve any financial reporting queries in a timely and effective manner.
- Providing training, where required, on standard ways of working to colleagues within the wider Finance Team.
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
The ideal applicant will have an interest in legal entity statutory accounting, be a self-starter and have a logical approach to problem solving. Experience should include knowledge of IFRS, FRS 101 statutory accounts preparation, financial controls environment, and audit processes. This role would suit a fully qualified Accountant or someone in the final stages of their qualification.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team