Financial Reporting Accountant - VR/23653
12-month opportunity to join a global leader in the energy industry. As Financial Reporting Accountant, you will work within the Finance Resource Centre team providing accurate accounting services to the business. This is a diverse and challenging role within a professional Accounting Team.
- Preparing statutory financial statements and quarterly management accounts.
- Liaising and supplying external auditors’ information regarding year-end consolidated financial statements and statutory financial statements.
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards, applicable local accounting standards, local legislation, reporting disclosures and group accounting policies, ensuring they are applied and upheld.
- Compliance with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements, ensuring financial controls are addressed within deadlines set.
- Preparing reconciliations and analysis with relevant and appropriate back up and critical analysis of the balances in significant entities and assistance with review of Associate Accountants work.
- Assistance in testing internal controls on a monthly basis.
- Helping to establish best practice, standardisation and ways of working for all FRC legal entities.
- Pro-active participation in / lead the coaching activities to the Associate Accountants within the team.
- Identifying areas of process improvements and propose potential solutions.
- Working closely with the wider finance function to resolve any financial reporting queries in a timely and effective manner.
- Providing training, where required, on standard ways of working to colleagues within the wider finance function.
- Other ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
- Fully qualified Accountant or in final stages of professional studies.
- Audit and accounts preparation experience.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS.
- Proven track record of good quality accurate analysis and analytical review.
This role offers excellent opportunities to develop accounts preparation and analytical review experience for applicants interested in legal entity statutory accounting within a large company.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team