Financial Reporting Team Lead - VR/23696
The chance to join a leading global services company as their Financial Reporting Team Lead. This is a key leadership position responsible for a team. Attractive career opportunity for a qualified professional with experience in statutory reporting within a large international organisation.
Overview job description
Reporting to the Controller, you will help set the direction and lead the Financial Reporting team with responsibility for planning, co-ordinating and managing the team to ensure high quality team deliverables including month end and year end reporting, statutory accounts preparation, audit requirements, internal controls reporting and group entity re-organisations.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with regional finance teams looking after accounting and reporting requirements of the legal entities.
- Building strong internal relationships with Tax, Legal, Group Reporting and Technical Accounting, as well as external and internal auditors.
- Working closely with the Senior Accountants you will review team workload and agree priorities to ensure deadlines for deliverables are met.
- As a Team Lead you will have an active role in the development of your team.
- Identifying opportunities to increase the scope of the Financial Reporting team to new countries, regions, and tasks.
- Through your leadership and example, the team will work to pro-actively identify process improvements which you will drive to implement, sharing best practice across the organisation.
Applicants to this role require
- Professional accountancy qualification.
- Experience of IFRS and FRS 101 statutory accounts preparation within a large international organisation.
- Auditing experience with a sound understanding of financial risks and controls is preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Pro-active with excellent planning and prioritising skills.
- Highly numeric with strong analytical skills.
- Collaborative approach to work.
What’s in it for me? (the applicant)
- Working with a leader in the energy industry who focus on innovation.
- Career development.
- Working in a professional and motivated team.
- Competitive flexible benefits package.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team