Fleet Information Technician - VR/25270
We are working with one of the largest weather service providers in the world to source a Fleet Information Technician.
Our client is looking for an individual with;
- An eagerness to learn new skills;
- Attention to detail and quality control;
- Proactive problem solving, analytical and computer skills;
- Works to own initiative; and
- Cohesive and a team player.
This position is ideal for an individual with previous experience within data handling, input and management, or with previous Document Control / Technical Assistant. Likewise, if you have previous working experience within an office environment and looking for a new challenge, then this may be the role for you!
Employees are expected to perform the full range of duties while working through their 12-week training programme. Reporting to the FIT Supervisor, the employee enters data into a proprietary database using data received from various sources such as from ship masters and clients around the world.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Categorising messages appropriately within the data entry system and forwarding to the appropriate personnel.
- Troubleshooting and solving various proprietary data/voyage alerts using known techniques and strategies.
- Categorising and sorting incoming messages within the Not Reviewed Queue. Also troubleshooting and reviewing messages during this process focusing primarily on data management and quality control.
- Providing various task support to the Route Analyst / End of Voyage Departments in the form of quality control and waypoints.
- All Fleet Information employees are expected to identify ways the team can work together better from both an operational and overall business perspective. Each team member is expected to fully participate in meetings and projects and to help each other meet the productivity standards in place.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to enter data accurately with acute attention to detail and quality control.
- Proactive when it comes to problem solving.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to respond quickly to workflow fluctuations or changes in priorities and to meet deadlines accordingly in a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgement and utilise strong decision-making skills.
- Willingness to travel to other operational offices for professional development training if required.
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills.
If you are looking for a new challenge, have the ability to; work to own initiative, hold rapport with the team, be engaging and communicative while working on a repetitive task, then this may be the position for you.
TMM Recruitment INDOS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team