G&A Accountant - VR/28566
We are delighted to be working on a contract role for a global operator currently recruiting for a G&A Accountant based in the city centre of Aberdeen. The purpose of the role will be to provide timely and accurate G&A reporting, budgets and forecasting. A degree is essential and well as being a part or fully Qualified Accountant. Our client is willing to consider candidates from an oil and gas background, ideally with good knowledge of upstream oil and gas, strong analytical skills and experience of various finance systems. This role is for a 1 year contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining G&A master-data and allocation cycles.
- Providing support for transactional data entry to finance ledgers.
- Preparing and booking monthly G&A journals, including accruals and prepayments.
- Managing the completion and accuracy of time writing and manhour rates.
- Responsible for integrity of financial records for G&A expenditure and allocations.
- Preparing and issuing monthly budget holder reports and any ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Attending quarterly meetings with budget holders to ensure accurate forecasting and projected allocations.
- Assisting HR with headcount reporting.
- Providing time writing and allocations analysis from G&A cascade model.
- Supporting preparation plan and forecast data for G&A.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Supporting internal and external audits.
- Supporting company initiatives such as EMS as required.
- Assisting in the development of reporting systems by driving automation wherever possible.
- Working closely with other functions to ensure effective relationships and business delivery.
Critical Skills, Qualifications, Experience, etc.
- Degree and part or qualified accountant of recognised body ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent with appropriate industry experience.
- Good knowledge of upstream oil and gas G&A accounting.
- Excellent experience with proven track record.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience of Finance systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- Focus on service delivery to business and functions.
- Flexible and responsive to stakeholder requirements and changing environment.
- Ability to deliver high quality work by deadlines and work effectively under time pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative, proactively drive change, take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team