Geologist - VR/28643
Currently recruiting for an experienced Geologist on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The contract is currently due to run until the end of November 2024, however, there could be scope for possible extension. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and hybrid working opportunities will be available.
Working as part of the Field Team, the Geologist will contribute to the company’s upstream core asset areas, including near-field exploration. The post holder will be expected to deliver maximum value in terms of production, investment, reserves performance and growth. The Geologist will develop and implement subsurface strategies in order to deliver maximum life-of-asset value from the assets.
Reporting to the Fields Lead, the Geologist will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out geological interpretations and support for dynamic synthesis studies in association with other geosciences disciplines.
- Implementing best technical practice (e.g., reservoir modelling, stratigraphic and structural modelling, petrophysical characterisation, petroleum system analysis, prospect definition and risking) and providing technical recommendations to the GSR Management Team.
- Effectively presenting work conclusions, both written and verbal, to internal and HQ peer reviews and subsurface committees.
- Initiating and supporting both in-house and external studies to resolve technical issues and developing an awareness of budget and study timing implications.
- Conducting subsurface geological evaluation work (e.g., well correlations/structural and stratigraphic mapping) and presenting accurately, on time and to an appropriate quality.
- Providing geological input for development or nearby exploration well validation, positioning and data acquisition programmes, and following drilling operations in coordination with the Operations Geology Team.
- Performing efficient data management and follow best practice for reporting and archiving work.
- A degree qualification in Geology (or similar) is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P company/operator, would be preferred.
- Applicants should have previous exploration/development geology experience.
- Experience with geological interpretation software is essential.
- Applicants should have a sound understanding of geophysics, operations geology and petrophysics.
- Some production/reservoir geology experience would be desirable.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team