Geophysicist / Senior Geophysicist - VR/26407
Currently recruiting for an experienced Geophysicist / Senior Geophysicist on a permanent staff basis for an E&P company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. Hybrid working will be available and the successful candidate will be working a 37.5-hour week.
The Geophysicist / Senior Geophysicist will act as the seismic interpreter within the Operated Assets Multi-disciplinary Team. The post holder will deliver opportunities for production enhancement and resource additions through subsurface characterisation, reservoir geological modelling and opportunity generation and maturation. The successful candidate will support well planning and delivery programmes.
The Geophysicist / Senior Geophysicist will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of structural interpretation and mapping / modelling of subsurface opportunities, using seismic and other geophysical methods.
- Identifying, maturing and delivering opportunities for production enhancement and resource growth.
- Responsible for independently defining and completing geophysical work programmes in support of business strategy, and integrating results effectively with other subsurface disciplines.
- Communicating results and influencing stakeholders appropriately to drive effective business decisions.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- Interfacing and leveraging technical expertise within the wider G&RE organisation. Influencing Subsurface Team priorities and work programmes.
- Well ties using synthetics and VSP data.
- Structural and stratigraphic seismic interpretation.
- Velocity modelling and depth conversion.
- Constructing structural framework models.
- Mapping and volumetric assessment.
- Seismic amplitude and attribute analysis.
- Well location / path definition and optimisation.
- Utilising visualisation techniques.
- Risking and resource uncertainty modelling.
- Monitoring and assisting with specialists and contractors to manage seismic acquisition, processing and quantitative seismic analysis projects.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification in a Geoscience subject is essential.
Previous experience in a similar Geophysicist type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P company, would be preferred.
- Experience with geophysical aspects of the well planning process is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to deliver complex subsurface characterisation projects, including uncertainty.
- Sound working knowledge of industry standard software packages, such as Petrel, is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team