Global Contracts Advisor – IT - VR/22146
Contracts Advisor with experience of IT / Telco procurement and category management required to join an independent oil and gas operator. This is a permanent position based in London.
As Global Contracts Advisor, you will be responsible for delivering contracting and procurement activities, focused specifically on IT and Telco. Supporting the development and implementation of the global category strategy across IT and Telco, you will work closely with the Indirects Category Lead to ensure stakeholder engagement and delivery of business objectives and value. Your remit will include creating tender plans, delivering sourcing and contract management activities and maintaining an overview of all IT partners / vendors per country, expiring contracts and trends on spend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the development, implementation and governance of the IT Category Strategy
- Consistently maintaining market knowledge of IT category.
- Collating and interrogating functional demand to ensure consistency across regions and engagement with the market, identifying value and savings opportunities.
- Responsibility for sourcing strategies, RFI / RFPs, maintaining vendor relationships, supporting negotiations and managing contracts and commercial risk.
- Implementing and ensuring the ongoing management of global partnership and framework agreements, setting performance measures and strategic goals.
- Supporting stakeholder commercial objectives, delivering savings targets and service improvement expectations.
- Managing stakeholder expectations and relationship with key stakeholders (IT/SCML and beyond).
- Working with the Indirects Category Lead to deliver broader Indirects Contracts and Procurement activities.
- Delivering other tasks and activities that may be assigned from time to time in support of the broader SCML Function.
Applicants to this position should offer the following
- Extensive experience in IT or Telco contracting / procurement / category management.
- Demonstrable experience of tendering, awarding and managing IT and / or Telco related contracts.
- Experience of developing and delivering contracting strategies and managing supplier performance and relationships.
- Experience of delivery in all aspects of the contract life-cycle (sourcing, tendering, selection, award and post-award contract / supplier management.
- Ability to work and build strategic alignment across regions and functions in a matrix organisation.
- Oil and gas experience is preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of SAP, P2P and any contract management workflow / systems is required.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team