Global Logistics Manager - VR/26375
Join one of Europe’s largest independent E&P companies as Global Logistics Manager. This position will initially be offered on a 12-month contract basis and can be located in Aberdeen, London or the Netherlands (based on your preference).
As Global Logistics Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that all logistics activities (Aviation, Marine, Inventory Management and Base operations) across the company’s operations are carried out in line with internal and industry standards.
A key part of the role is reinforcing the HSE culture and ensuring lessons are learnt and transferred to support improvements across the business. You’ll work with country Logistics Managers to implement necessary measures to drive improvement and optimization of Logistics activities.
This role will involve travel to existing operations sites and to spend periods of time at locations not covered by an existing Logistics Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and Logistics to provide assurance across all operated activities on Logistics-related matters.
- Responsible for all logistics operations not covered by a country Logistics Manager to ensure that all logistics and base services are provided to the project or drilling programme safely and effectively.
- Working closely and collaboratively with country Logistics Managers to engender a spirit of sharing and support across the entire business.
- Developing and maintaining a sound HSE culture internally and with base and logistics service providers, including establishment and follow up of annual HSE plans across all countries.
- Responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of logistics standards and procedures, including but not limited to Aviation, Marine, Warehousing Standards and assurance programmes.
- Monitoring performance for key suppliers, providing periodic reports on performance.
- Establishing and monitoring performance metrics and KPIs for logistics activity across the business.
- Developing and maintaining a Logistics performance culture and reporting framework to provide visibility on areas of risk and opportunity.
- Solving logistical problems and defining/presenting business solutions as required.
- Responsible for global overview of inventory management and driving optimisation initiatives related to cost, inventory, etc.
- Ensuring that warehouses are available and managed in accordance with company procedures and agreed service levels.
- Ensuring that required governing documentation and work processes relevant to Logistics and Warehouse Operations are developed and implemented.
- Providing advice and support regarding base and logistics operations issues to management and the business as required.
- Represent the company in external fora on topics related to Logistics; e.g. IOGP etc.
- Maintaining close working relationships with internal and external partners to ensure understanding and cooperation towards promoting the company’s interests and achieving results.
- Responsible for supply bases emergency response and support activities.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Relevant higher university degree (preferable, not essential).
- Extensive experience from a relevant field/discipline, with extensive leadership experience.
- Proven knowledge of logistics operations, including marine, aviation, warehousing and inventory management within the E&P business and Oil & Gas industry.
- Demonstrable track record and approach to HSE performance in logistics operations.
- Leadership skills and track record of achieving high team performance. Strong ability to motivate, persuade and influence others (internally and externally).
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Strong analytic and negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and influencing skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Good inter-cultural skills given nature of role covering multiple countries.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team