Global Unified Communications & Collaboration Analyst - VR/23598
TMM Recruitment is working with a leading, global energy sector service provider specialising in subsea, onshore / offshore, and surface projects to source a Communications and Collaboration Analyst on a permanent basis.
The role is based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The ideal candidate will bring experience from a helpdesk support environment and has proven experience troubleshooting issues within a large organisation. An awareness of telephony/collaboration methodology, ITIL processes, structured IT best practice frameworks and experience with O365 support experience, including Exchange and Microsoft Teams, is required.
Job Overview and Scope
IT is undergoing a digital revolution, Unified Communications and Collaboration and their associated portfolio has established itself as critical to how we work, the service enables the business at all levels of company operations. The position as Unified Communications and Collaboration Analyst will maintain the company’s interest regarding operations and development of Unified Communication and Collaboration solutions (instant messaging, persistent chat, telephony, all conferencing modalities, O365, meeting room strategy and online conferencing solutions). The position has responsibilities to maintain, upgrade and develop the systems globally. In addition, participating and running projects to expand current systems or deploy new systems / locations.
The role reports into the Senior Manager – Global Network, Unified Communication and Collaboration and has no supervisory responsibility.
The key interactions and stakeholders are;
- Internally: Peers in Global IT organization and Global Business colleagues.
- Externally: External operators, service providers and suppliers.
The scope of the role incorporates all site Unified Communications & Collaboration infrastructure including but not limited to:
- Telephony, video conferencing, Microsoft Teams, O365, digital signage, presence and meeting room solutions.
- Strongly service orientation minded.
- Ability to create or propose new solutions.
- Ability to convince, organize and negotiate.
- Ability to control costs and deliveries, focused in quality objectives.
- Able to work in Global environment and culture, with flexible hour concept.
- Adequate project management skills and ability to manage time and complex tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring IT Security and continuity providing security patching, software and hardware updates in the Unified Communication and Collaboration infrastructure area.
- Evaluating new or innovative technologies and defining architectures in terms of Unified Communications and Collaboration.
- Maintaining Unified Communications and Collaboration documentation.
- Producing reports, proposals, technical documentation and user guides as required and ensuring other team members and business associates are fully trained in the procedures
- Resolving 2nd/3rd line incident support tickets.
- Any other duties prescribed by Senior Manager – Global Network, Unified Communication and Collaboration.
Skills and Experience
- Fundamental to the role is the ability to interact with global multi-national team and willingness to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies.
- This role would suit an individual who has experience within a deskside / helpdesk support environment and has proven experience troubleshooting issues within a large organisation.
- A good team player with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multitask with multiple projects and work independently if necessary.
- Able to work in an on-call rota.
- Awareness level of Telephony and Collaboration Methodologies.
- Excellent communications and team work skills.
- Experience in support and implementation role on supporting large heterogeneous enterprise infrastructure.
- Experience working with ITIL processes, methodology or structured IT best practice frameworks.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- O365 support experience including Exchange and Microsoft Teams.
- Strong or excellent communication skill in English.
- Strong personal efficiency and problem-solving skills; very concerned by security and standardisation / rationalisation aspects.
- Experienced in creating and completing low level documentation from high level designs and taking this through to completion.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team