Group Controls & Lease Accountant - VR/22370
Group Controls and Lease Accountant required ASAP for an initial 6-month period. Working for a multinational FTSE 250 organisation, the focus of the role is ensuring leases are maintained in the lease accounting system and that reporting requirements under IFRS16 and IAS 17 are met.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, this 6 month role is to support the business during a busy period in preparation for year end. The main responsibilities are:
- Maintenance of Lease Accounting System:
- Working with Divisions to assist them with technical accounting queries in respect of leases and to aid with modelling leases in the Lease Accounting System.
- Reviewing IFRS 16 and IAS 17 journals and reconciliations for the divisions and Group entities.
- Providing management reports in respect of leases.
- Liaising with the statutory auditors for the yearend audit and interim review for leases.
- Ongoing refinement of procedures and processes regarding accounting for leases.
- Period End Financial Control File policy:
- Ensuring compliance with policy across all divisions within the Group.
- Monitoring monthly compliance with control checklist and understand and report any exceptions to Management.
- Monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations submitted by divisions.
- Ensuring compliance with best accounting practice, accounting standards and the Group Finance Manual.
- Ongoing refinement and improvement of policy.
- Group Finance Manual:
- Updating and revising manual and ongoing maintenance.
- Assisting with queries and monitoring of compliance with the Manual.
- Assistance with ad hoc technical accounting queries and projects.
- Updating the Group’s Delegation of Authorities matrix.
- Providing assistance with month end, interim and year end reporting as required.
- Qualified Accountant with background in internal or external audit.
- Technical knowledge of IFRS 16 and IAS 17.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to manipulate and understand large data sets.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team