Group Internal Audit Manager – VR/24146
A key role for Group Internal Audit Manager has become available with independent E&P company. This is a great opportunity to develop and progress your career. Candidates will be professionally qualified, preferably with oil and gas industry experience and working knowledge of all aspects of internal controls and UK corporate governance.
Overview job description
A critical role within the Internal Audit and Risk Management Team, the Internal Audit Manager is responsible for the delivery of an agreed internal audit plan, from scoping to reporting for each audit, including direction of resources employed for this purpose.
You will also contribute to the development and updating of this flexible plan to ensure it remains focussed on key strategic risks, reflects other assurance providers and contributes to improving internal control environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Coordinating internal audits 6 monthly planning process to develop an audit plan which is responsive to, and aligned with, the risk profile of the company.
- Coaching members of the IA function (in-house and co-source) to effectively deliver the audit plan to a high quality and in a timely manner.
- Working closely with Finance, HSEQ, IS, Compliance and other assurance providers to ensure assurance is complete but not duplicative.
- Preparing updates for Senior Management or the Board to clearly articulate the IA work undertaken, control deficiencies identified and managements resultant actions.
- Pro-actively informing management of risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance and governance issues requiring prompt action.
- Participating in internal control assessments of acquired companies and working with management to agree efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies.
- Coordinating the process to track, follow up and ultimately close all open audit issues effectively.
- Contributing to internal audits participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects as directed, to facilitate management in designing and implementing effective controls.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the IA Team through targeted recruitment and application of external best practice to shape audit activities.
Applicants to this role require
- University degree educated.
- Accounting qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA.
- Oil and gas or extractive industries experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of internal controls and UK corporate governance.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders spanning both operations and supporting functions.
- Ability to robustly challenge the business and influence key individuals whilst maintaining an effective working relationship.
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong focus on detail, process and investigative instinct.
- Good people management skills with the ability to mentor and develop both staff and third-party resources.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team