Group Supply Chain Manager - VR/21588
A new opportunity for a Group Supply Chain Manager to join an industry-leading name in their field of expertise, with over 40 years’ experience in delivering solutions to the energy industry. This is a permanent position, based in the Altens area of Aberdeen.
The Group Supply Chain Manager is a key member of the Group Operations Team and will be responsible for overseeing the purchase and supply of the company’s rental and sales equipment; seeking opportunities to reduce costs and add value to the supply chain through the management of global manufacturers and suppliers.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing procurement objectives; ensuring compliance with company strategy and delivering agreeing targets / budget.
- Ensuring there is capacity, contingency and flexibility with suppliers to meet the needs of the business.
- Identifying areas of improvement with existing manufacturers.
- Reporting on key cost indices to track changes in regional manufacturing costs.
- Managing freight contracts and monitoring supplier performance.
- Managing technical resources, ensuring accurate and timely deliver of RFQs, modifications and new designs.
- Developing positive, long-term relationships with internal customers and manufacturers.
- Providing training and support to team members (locally and globally).
Applicants to this position should will ideally offer experience in a similar position, ideally coupled with demonstrable project management and mechanical engineering experience. A CIPS Diploma (or equivalent) would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team