Hazardous Waste Chemist - VR/26413
We are currently looking for an onshore Hazardous Waste Chemist on a permanent, staff basis. This position is a varied one, which covers all aspects of work within the Technical Department.
- You may from time to time be given one or two disciplines to run together with Supervision of other team members.
- You may be responsible for the training of personnel.
- You may be required to monitor the work performance of other members of staff and report findings to Technical Manager/Director.
- You may be required to cover for any personnel who may be on holiday or sick leave.
- You will be required to work in cooperation and liaise with Operations and Accounts Departments.
- Take telephone calls in connection with enquiries, queries and costing relevant to disposal of material/items of waste/special waste.
- Issue verbal and written quotes to customers as required and respond to customer demands/emails in a quick efficient manner.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Supervising Special Waste Area and Operatives.
- Logging and checking of all incoming and outgoing loads of Special Waste, both packaged and bulk.
- Identifying non-conforming waste streams and reporting to customer.
- Identifying Waste Streams for Operatives to Handle in a Safe Manner.
- COSHH Assessment.
- Onsite Chemical Analysis to determine nature and treatment suitability of waste, including but not limited to pH, Flash Test, Water Content, Retort, COD etc.
- Determining nature of waste through arranging sub-contract chemical analysis.
- Providing technical support to the company’s operations team i.e., compatible waste streams and provision of appropriate documentation for transferring waste.
- Bulking – Giving advice on compatible materials for bulking together.
- Neutralisations / Chemical Mixes – bulk and mix compatible materials to within thresholds for offsite transfer and treatment.
- Providing client interface / contact in respect of waste management operations.
- Attending Client Sites for Listing of Waste, Packaging of Waste and Sampling as required.
- Dealing with customer enquires via Phone and Email and arrange collections and or quotations as required.
- Logistics – Routing Special Waste Vehicles and liaising with Drivers.
- Liaising with Technical Team relating to incoming and outgoing loads of waste.
- Sourcing Waste Disposal Routes.
- Arranging Waste to be sent offsite – Special Waste Stock Control.
- You will be required to operate plant / machinery as part of the role, training will be provided on all plant / equipment required to be operated.
- Visiting Customer Sites and Company Sites for Sampling Purposes.
- Sampling of Wells at company landfill site and compiling results.
- Forwarding Samples to Laboratories for Analysis.
- Reporting and Advising customers on sample results.
- Logging Special Waste from Offshore.
- Assisting with compiling and submitting SEPA Returns.
Covering other members of the Technical Team as required.
You will be required to participate on the “on-call” Rota which will involve carrying and answering the mobile phone out of hours and over the weekend to ensure all enquiries / queries are dealt with accordingly. During your on call week you may be required to carry out a range of actions including but not limited to Raising Special Waste Paperwork, Sampling or Testing of materials and giving advice and guidance on chemicals and compatibility.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team