Health and Safety Advisor - VR/26276
Currently recruiting for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor on a permanent staff basis for an E&P Company based in central Aberdeen. Hybrid working could be available and this role will involve occasional offshore trips - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
The Health and Safety Advisor will provide day to day onshore health and safety support to the Offshore Safety Advisor and Operations team. The post holder will be responsible for identifying and implementing processes that deliver the Company’s overall HSE strategy and business objectives. Working as part of a multi-discipline team, the post holder will be responsible for providing health & safety support to the offshore workforce and management team onboard the Company’s FPSO.
Reporting to the HSSE Manager, the Health and Safety Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- HSE support and advice to the Onshore Management Team.
- Provide liaison and support to the offshore organisation.
- Supporting Health and Safety Executive inspections, both onshore and offshore.
- Acting as the custodian of the asset Safety Case.
- Conducting, participating and reviewing asset and contractor incident investigation reports, ensuring ‘root causes’ are identified and linked to measures preventing a reoccurrence.
- Ensuring all incidents and audits are recorded and managed to completion in Synergi.
- Provision of monthly statistical / KPI reporting.
- Developing and maintaining progress of asset HSE improvement plans.
- Assisting, participating in and conducting health and safety audits according to the audit plan, both onshore and offshore.
- Providing input to Risk Assessments, HAZIDs, HAZOPs and combined operations notifications.
- Reviewing contractor HSE Plans, Interface Documents, Operations Plans etc.
- Prioritising and coordinating HSE support activities.
- Maintaining the HSE Management System by updating documentation to reflect changing circumstances, legislation, and industry best practice.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate and/or an NVQ Level 3 qualification in Occupational Health & Safety is essential.
- A NEBOSH Diploma and/or an NVQ Level 5 qualification in Occupational Health & Safety would be preferred.
- Membership of IOSH, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Lead Auditor qualification would be preferred.
- Radiation Protection Supervisor qualification would be preferred.
- COSHH Assessor and Manual Handing Assessor qualifications would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar HSE Advisor type role, within the Oil & Gas industry, is essential.
- Experience in an upstream Operator environment and offshore experience would be preferred.
- Experience with offshore FPSO operations, including production operations, would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team