Health and Safety Advisor - VR/26361
Join a leading independent oil and gas operator who are currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor on an initial 12-month PAYE contract basis. The role is based in Aberdeen, however, there will be a requirement for ad-hoc offshore travel.
Reporting to the Project, Wells and Decommissioning HES Team Lead, as the Health and Safety Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing interpretation, direction and guidance on related safety and health legislation to the various Projects, Wells and Decommissioning Teams. Ensuring any legislation changes are identified early and process updated accordingly.
- Acting as regulatory focal point to facilitate any inspection activities, managing inspection preparation, attending the offshore inspection, developing response letters for any findings and supporting PWD assets to ensure timely closure of actions. Also ensure the prompt reporting of any regulatory breach.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring HSE Management systems across PWD activities, bridging to contractor management systems where necessary.
- Supporting contract tender processes, including identifying Contract Modes, conducting due diligence activities, and managing ongoing contracts. Liaising with contractor HSE staff throughout tender and operational activities.
- Coordinating regulatory submissions for relevant permits and consents.
- Overseeing PWD investigation process ensuring effective investigation, root cause identification, action development and lessons learned. Ensuring the incident management system is kept up to date and accurate at all times.
- Preparing PWD HSE data and reports for Asset and Leadership Teams.
- Supporting the preparation and delivery of mobilisation and onboarding sessions to contractor workforce.
- Supporting the broader HES Team with input to annual improvement plans, health and safety initiatives and planned audits.
Key Experience/ Qualifications:
- Degree in Health and Safety Management or equivalent with recognised experience (i.e. NEBOSH Diploma, MSc, CMIOSH etc.).
- Broad experience of projects, wells, vessel ad SURF activities including preparation of internal regulatory documentation in support of COMOPS/SIMOPS activities.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with line and functional responsibilities.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with demonstrable presentation and report writing skills.
- Incident Investigator / Audit Trained / Emergency Response Trained.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team