HR Business Partner - VR/27527
Join a leading E&P business in Aberdeen as HR Business Partner. This initial 6-month contract assignment will see you providing HR advice and guidance to managers and employees to support the effective performance of the organisation, both locally and globally. Previous operational experience supporting industrial relations for offshore populations is essential, ideally alongside the ability and willingness to travel within the UK and offshore.
Overview job description
- You will be a proactive Business Partner to designated teams, providing support for annual processes and business improvement activities over the course of the year clearly linking with the business agenda and priorities.
- Actively contributing to the development, communication and implementation of polices, processes and procedures at a Regional level, and at a global level if requested
- Leading on industrial relations with the offshore population, if required
- The role operates within a small team and develop/maintain strong relationships with managers, senior staff, employees and contractors across the UK and with HR colleagues overseas.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Delivering high quality, consistent and fit for purpose HR business partnering to the direct UK organisation, and indirect organisation, as required.
- Providing advice, guidance and coaching about policies, processes and tools in a timely manner to business stakeholders (including employees) on all employee relations issues whilst ensuring that appropriate, accurate records are maintained at all times.
- Being the focal point for managing the relationship with offshore employees, undertaking both industrial relations and employee relations activity as needed.
- Providing direct communication with Leaders and employees ensuring that the business is well informed, as and when required. Undertaking presentations and training sessions for roll out to workforce as required.
- Contributing to individual and team development activities as required, including coaching, development guidance and formal programmes such as apprenticeships and graduates.
- Liaising, collaborating and co-ordinating with members of the HR Team across locations to ensure effective communication and consistency of process; providing an efficient, effective and timely service to the business and contributing to the effective planning of workload, initiatives and training.
- Actively and pro-actively redeveloping or creating policies, processes and tools as required by legislation or changes to internal working processes, collaborating as required. Ensure they are fit for purpose and appropriate for the business and appropriately focus on the offshore community for fairness, consistency and business effectiveness.
- Operating in a manner which complies with GDPR and Immigration rules, demonstrating an awareness of these key compliance areas. Seeking guidance and expert input as necessary.
Applicants to this role require
- Bachelor’s degree or appropriate relevant practical experience
- CIPD or equivalent qualifications would be preferred (willingness to study required, if not CIPD qualified)
- In-depth understanding of the HR function, having previously worked in a business partnering style role.
- Strong knowledge of UK employment law and the ability to transfer this knowledge into effective policies, processes and procedures.
- Previous experience of working with an offshore workforce (preferred, but similar workforce activity considered) and proven expertise with industrial relations activities, including negotiating.
- Project management and numeracy skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a fast-paced team with high quality service delivery at the heart.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize in a busy and complex environment which can sometimes be ambiguous.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in oil and gas industry would be strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel within the UK and to offshore installations in the UKCS.
TMM Recruitment INDHR
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team