HSE Advisor (Drilling and Wells) – VR/25336
Currently recruiting for an experienced HSE Advisor (Drilling and Wells) for a 12-month maternity cover contract on a PAYE basis for an oil and gas operator in Aberdeen. This role will involve occasional offshore travel - therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
The HSE Advisor (Drilling and Wells) will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring implementation and compliance of the HSE management systems on the local assets and operations.
- Developing appropriate proactive objectives and ensuring they are incorporated into, and managed to completion within, the company’s HSEQ plan.
- Ensuring regulatory requirements are complied with, and issues managed, with respect to the assets, operations, and technical functions.
- Developing and actively participating in HSE audits, both internal and supporting external audits, including completion of regular offshore audits ensuring the frequency of visits reflect ongoing wells operations activities.
- Facilitating regulatory inspections where requested, ensuring corrective actions are adequately closed out so as to prevent reoccurrence.
- Interfacing with Drilling and Wells, Operations and Project Teams to ensure appropriate identification and mitigation of risks associated with activities.
- Providing guidance and advice to the Drilling and Wells Team concerning HSEQ procedures / programmes, hazard identification and promotional activities.
- Coaching and supporting onshore and offshore personnel to assure that all HSE risks associated with Drilling and Wells Operations on site are adequately identified and addressed.
- Reporting on HSEQ metrics and support the management of the process to develop insights from HSEQ metrics analysis, self-verification and incident investigation findings.
- Advising on emerging risks and HSEQ improvement opportunities and provide direction to improve the HSEQ performance within drilling and wells.
- Supporting the Drilling and Wells Team to develop and implement emergency response plans related to project / operations activity.
- Ensuring industry operational HSE best practices and standards are followed / implemented, in conjunction with the relevant technical authorities and business process owners.
- Supporting certification audits covering the company’s management system.
- Monitoring and facilitating management of assets, operations and technical functions’ HSEQ performance, and their HSEQ plans and objectives.
- Appropriately selecting and managing contractor companies, taking account of HSEQ considerations.
- Assisting with developing and implementing HSEQ competency management framework and training.
- Ensuring all incidents and near misses are reported, investigated, remedial action taken and lessons learned.
- Working to ensure timely close out of all Synergi actions and ensuring IMS documentation is maintained up to date.
- Ensuring that all relevant governance is in full compliance with applicable regulations and GOIMS requirements.
- Supporting the emergency response organisation by filling a role on the ER duty rota.
- Experience in a similar HSE Advisor (Drilling and Wells) position is essential.
- Experience of supporting and managing offshore operations as well as experience with HSE management systems is essential.
- Offshore Medical and Survival / MIST training certificates are preferred.
- Relevant HSE qualifications (e.g., NEBOSH) would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team