HSE Advisor - VR/25231
We are currently recruiting for an experienced HSE Advisor on a permanent staff basis for an FPSO Operator based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, the HSE Advisor will provide health and safety support and advice. They will manage SEMS and HSEQ aspects of the BMS to ensure all activities align with Regulatory requirements, Policies and Standards. The post holder will provide appropriate challenges to key contractors aligned to the HSE risks associated with their operations. The HSE Advisor will manage Crisis and Emergency Preparedness provisions to ensure robust processes, and will play a key role in ensuring that competencies are in place and are tested, The HSE Advisor will deputise for the HSEQ Manager as required.
The HSE Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Monitoring and challenging operations to ensure activities are conducted in an effective and safe manner in compliance with industry, and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as company focal point for health and safety, promoting HSE leadership, competence, training, and performance improvement.
- Acting as a focal point for communications with HSEx Inspector and provide support to offshore and onshore inspections and requests for information.
- Ensuring activities are carried out in accordance with control of work requirements including comprehensive and detailed risk assessments and toolbox talks.
- Ensuring management system compliance is maintained in accordance with the principles of ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and ISO 45001 Standards.
- Establishing and maintaining HSEQ processes in support of company strategy including audit, assurance and HSEQ aspects of Contractor Management.
- Ensuring effective collation of leading and logging HSEQ performance data and support reporting to Senior Management and Directors as required by policies and standards.
- Promoting industry best practice.
- Developing and strengthening relationships with Owners, Regulators and Key Contractors.
- Developing and maintaining BMS and SEMS to support operating model.
- Coordinating health and safety training and competency for critical positions.
- Developing health and safety awareness programs for all employees.
- Developing and maintaining effective HSEQ Improvement Plans and Audit and Assurance plans and performance measures to ensure timely management information and decision making.
- Ensuring incidents are reported, investigated and recorded (including action close out) in line with statutory obligations and company procedures.
- Ensuring adequate Risk Assessments and Management of Change assessments are completed and recorded in line with company standards and procedures.
- Monitoring and assuring adequate HSE risk management processes are in place.
- Managing and maintaining health and safety permits, licenses, authorisations, notifications, and consents.
- Ensuring company and contractors’ competence and training requirements are monitored, reported and compliant to set KPIs and industry standards.
- Applicants will be expected to hold the relevant QHSE qualifications such as a NEBOSH General Certificate / Diploma.
- Previous experience in a similar HSE Advisor type role within the Oil and Gas Industry is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role directly with an Operator would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team