HSE Advisor - VR/25434
Currently recruiting for an experienced HSE Advisor on a permanent staff basis for a leading oil and gas engineering and maintenance provider in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. This is an office-based position however, there is a requirement for ad-hoc offshore travel - so candidates must be willing to travel offshore.
The HSE Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing clear and consistent HSE information, advice, guidance, monitoring and support to all contracts and site-based activities.
- Ensuring HSEQ standards are established before and during contract execution and are maintained and developed to deliver both statutory and non-statutory obligations.
- Providing a robust advisory service to Managers and Supervisors on the development and leadership of HSE culture.
- Actively sponsoring and promoting a positive Health, Safety, Environmental culture across all contracts and site-based activities, responding proactively to any identified areas of concern.
- Providing advice embracing all areas of HSE to operations and onshore facilities.
- Proactively monitoring, measuring and reporting on HSE performance following company and customer policy and procedure.
- Acting as the company’s HSE representative at contractor and customer meetings.
- Advising operations and contract management teams on all HSE related matters including compliance with Business Management System requirements.
- Ensuring that the certificate and Quality System is maintained in line with the current International Quality Standard and Company Policy requirements.
- Mobilising offshore as and when required to conduct audits, inspections and to engage directly with the company’s offshore workforce.
- Participating in Accident Investigations and participate as a member of appointed Investigation Teams.
- Ensuring that actions arising from incident investigations, site visits and audits are captured on the appropriate company systems to enable actions to be tracked to closure.
- Advising project team on all HSE related matters.
- Reviewing and updating existing HSE procedures as legislative or best practice changes occur.
- Giving guidance and advice on matters relating to HSE systems and initiatives.
- Assist in developing, promoting and monitoring compliance with HSE performance indicators.
- Developing and upgrading the HSE culture throughout the company.
- Delivering HSE Training as required.
- Developing project interface documents and HSEQ Plans.
- Collating, maintaining and sharing with relevant Mobilisation Focal Point occupational health information pertaining to HAVS and skin check returns and any other occupational health information.
- Proactively reviewing work packs and bring to the attention of the Project Manager the control measures.
- Actively monitoring the COSHH assessments under their remit ensuring that control measures including environmental, personnel exposure and biological monitoring are brought to the attention of the Project Managers and HSE Manager/ Lead Advisor.
- A formal Health and Safety qualification is essential.
- NEBOSH General Certificate, or equivalent, is essential.
- Occupational Hygienist qualification would be preferred.
- Relevant offshore medical/certs would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar HSE Advisor type role within the oil and gas industry is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of occupational hygiene requirements and monitoring techniques would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team