HSEQ Compliance Manager - VR/27534
Currently recruiting for a HSEQ Compliance Manager on a permanent staff basis to join our award-winning civil construction client based in Netherley, Aberdeenshire. Civil construction experience would be preferred but is not essential.
Reporting to the Managing Director, as the HSEQ Compliance Manager, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
Health & Safety
- In conjunction with the Responsible Director, setting the policies, targets and objectives for the company’s HS&E management systems; including the policy statement, organisation, arrangements and individual responsibilities.
- Ensuring risk control measures relevant to the areas of responsibility are adhered to.
- In conjunction with the Responsible Director, ensure sufficient resources and finance are made available to deliver H&S compliance and best practice as it relates to company and individual responsibilities and duties, and to maintain independent authority on all health and safety matters.
- Liaising with external bodies such as HSE, SEPA, clients and local authorities regarding H,S&E.
- Leading investigations on any major accident, incident as directed by the Responsible Director.
- Ensuring compliance with all current legislation and statutory requirements.
- Providing coaching and support for all HSEQ activities.
- Managing, undertaking and evaluating management systems audit plans, ensuring closure of non-compliance.
- In conjunction with the Responsible Director, to ensure delivery of, and compliance with, the company’s environmental policies, main aspects, impacts and work procedures and to maintain independent authority on all environmental matters.
- With overall responsibility to the Managing Director, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, to ensure that:
- The company’s emergency plan, pollution incident response plans and general pollution preventions and control requirements are implemented and adhered to.
- Environmental compliance and best practice as it relates to company and individual responsibilities and duties is adopted and adequate finances are made available by the Board. Work is carried out in harmony with and in pursuance of the Group environmental targets and objectives.
- With overall responsibility to the Managing Director, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, to present a clearly defined direction to the quality management system, ensure sufficient resources and finance are made available by the Board, and to maintain independent authority on all quality matters.
- Providing HSEQ support to the business as required by, and in support of the Responsible Director.
- Member of the Senior Management Team.
- Fully support the company operational activities.
- The timely completion of all necessary documentation associated with the job function.
- Leading or assisting with investigations into accidents, ill health and dangerous occurrences and ensure that appropriate reporting action is taken.
- Ensuring competency levels are maintained.
- Ensuring quarterly board reports are produced in a timely fashion.
- Maintaining and managing business risk register.
- Monitoring and controlling all on site and yard activities to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with the integrated management system procedures. Making routine, regular visits to company operations to assure that: Operations are in compliance with company standards and good HSEQ practice.
- Operations are aware of company HSEQ developments and can get involved appropriately;
- Corporate campaigns and HSEQ systems are relevant to local needs.
- Identifying and anticipating trends in performance and defining resulting focus areas.
- Developing HSEQ campaigns and programmes within the business.
- Liaising with the Training Department to ensure that HSEQ issues are suitably addressed by company training programmes and training material.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of HSEQ plans, programmes and campaigns and contribute to their revision and update, as necessary.
- Providing appropriate HSEQ support to the start-up of new operations and projects.
- Supporting the development of management systems, infrastructure and training programmes.
- Identifying and anticipating trends in safety performance and defining resulting focus areas for attention.
- Departmental development.
- Mentoring and coaching all staff in company approach to HSEQ improvement.
Key Experience / Qualifications:
- A NEBOSH general certificate in occupational safety and health is essential.
- Degree related discipline is essential.
- Driving Licence is essential.
- Environmental qualification e.g. IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities would be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years HSEQ Experience in an construction industry would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team