IDS Specialist - VR/23185
TMM Recruitment are working with a leading, global energy sector service provider specialising in subsea, onshore / offshore, and surface projects to source an IDS Specialist on a permanent basis. The role is based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The ideal candidate will bring experience from a similar role within a large, diverse organisation. They will have excellent leadership skills the ability to run complex operational IT projects that will require collaboration and high levels of communication with teams globally.
The IDS Specialist – Subsea Operational Assets is responsible for the successful implementation and support of new and existing technology solutions, as well as enhancements driven by business initiatives and technology lifecycles. The IDS Specialist is directly engaged with key business partners, leads various initiatives, collaborates with global IDS delivery teams, and encourages the adoption of standardized tools and processes to support business efficiency and growth.
Reporting Lines & Interactions
- Hierarchically reports to: Subsea IDS Business Relationship Partner.
- Operationally reports to: Subsea IDS Business Relationship Partner.
- Key Interactions (internally, externally): Interacts globally with business groups in the Vessel and Spoolbase Sub-Domains, global IDS delivery organizations and partner organizations including IDS Procurement, IDS Finance, and IDS HR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a functional expert and focal point for the definition, design, installation, operation, and maintenance of assigned IT solutions.
- Participate in business process analysis, including value stream mapping, functional analysis, and implementation strategies while identifying areas of continuous improvement to support business processes with Lean thinking.
- Define and review project scopes to ensure alignment with business success criteria, global standards, compliance requirements, and best practices.
- Execute a variety of project roles depending on the size and complexity of the initiative, working across a global organization to meet business needs and maximize information technology’s effectiveness.
- Work with affiliated business stakeholders and delivery teams to ensure effective communication on issue resolution and the impact of system changes.
- Coordinate IDS testing, installation, consulting, and training and participate in resolving chronic or difficult problems affecting the business.
- Ensure that global IDS policies and procedures are applied and implemented including Enterprise Architecture, Cybersecurity, Data Architecture, Quality, etc.
- Engage with business to capture, analyse and review business requirements and identify appropriate innovative solutions utilising existing, or emerging technologies.
- Effectively manage stakeholders to ensure requirements are prioritised appropriately and aligned to business strategy and target operating model.
- Identify, document and propose improvements to ways of working which will promote efficiency across the Vessel and Spoolbase domain.
- Maintain knowledge of technology developments to support definition of technology roadmaps that will deliver business differentiation for the company.
- Facilitate design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Ensure all initiatives are delivered strictly against the delivery methodology with appropriate, detailed documentation and regular status communication.
- Define resources and schedule for project/program implementation.
- Maintain and update project status in project management and reporting systems.
- Create strategies for issue management, risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals and milestones.
- Oversee allocated resources and manages conflicts.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services.
- Work with other teams to effectively manage interfaces between, projects and managed work across various systems.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional knowledge.
- Extensive experience working with technology solutions across a diverse, global organization
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, change management, functional knowledge and effective communications, teamwork and managerial agility.
- Ability to multi-task, work autonomously and apply own initiative with a strong capacity for innovation.
- Mobility for short trips abroad.
- Positive attitude with a results-oriented approach.
- Knowledge/experience of IT Operations in a large international organisation.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the organisation particularly within the Vessel and Spoolbase domain.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Business planning and management.
- Customer relationship building.
- Time management.
- Team building.
- Analytical ability.
- Accurate reporting.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team