Industrial Maintenance Electrician – VR/24033
Responsible for Electrical maintenance, repair and related activities on equipment, machinery, installations and the general facility at the company site. Whilst at all times ensuring that work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner in compliance to company procedures whilst continually maintaining Quality, Electrical and Environmental standards throughout.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reducing downtime through performing repairs and maintenance on all equipment ensuring compliance to applicable procedures.
- Carrying out installations during upgrades, modifications and / or repairs.
- Repairing, installing, replacing, testing and inspecting all electrical circuits, lighting and equipment.
- Servicing, checking and repairing hand tools and equipment that have been returned to workshop with a fault or in an unsafe condition.
- Carrying out Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) as per the company required frequency and updating and upkeeping the records to suit.
- Providing technical assistance and supporting at the company facility.
- Continually reviewing existing installations and controls and highlighting areas of non-compliance with current regulations or general improvements that are required or recommended.
- Carrying out all preventative maintenance checks on equipment as per annual plant maintenance schedule and electrical maintenance schedule.
- Performing any other duties as requested by Maintenance Supervisor and Site Management Team.
- Communicating with Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Team regarding day to day activities and work ongoing and any support that is needed.
- Assisting in the development and gathering of information for project proposals, cost estimates and AFE items.
- Supporting with design of preparation of electrical / control drawings and specifications for fabrication and installation in accordance with all applicable legislation, regulations and company HSE policies and applicable UK legislation.
- Monitoring spare parts and materials and requesting top up stocks as required through Stores / Purchasing Team.
- Following BS7671 2008 IET wire reg. 17th/18th ed. Regulations as well as all other applicable standards, including scenarios where new or updated legislation / documentation is released or revised accordingly.
- 5 years post apprenticeship working in an Electrical Department in a manufacturing / industrial background.
- Beneficial to have worked in a similar industrial environment with transferable skills and knowledge.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team