Infrastructure Analyst - VR/23463
TMM Recruitment is working with a renowned well construction company based in Portlethen to source an experienced IT Infrastructure Analyst. This is a short term temporary contract until the end of 2021, starting ASAP. The right candidate will have working knowledge of MS365 and the ability to provide desktop / application support while also managing and resolving network and server issues.
- Providing end-user desktop, application, telephone, and mobile support to user community across all infrastructure and application services and assists the Global IT Support Team.
- Ensuring proper systems, infrastructure, and application operations so that end users can successfully accomplish organisational tasks. Ensuring adherence to departmental standards when supporting the company infrastructure and applications.
- Following all company and department policies and procedures with special consideration for safety.
- No supervisory duties, but typically serving as a resource to others.
- Reporting to Infrastructure and Service Desk Managers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Logging, tracking and responding to service requests and incidents raised through the ITSM (IT Service Management) platform to ensure resolution in line with SLAs / KPIs and department best practices. Ensuring that customer requirements are understood and delivered. Constantly aiming for a superior level of user experience and overall customer satisfaction. Proactively owning service desk calls / emails from receipt through to final resolution.
- Receiving, prioritising, documenting, analysing and actively resolving technical issues surrounding infrastructure and applications. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools and working closely with Consultants, vendors, and colleagues to resolve problems and assist end-users.
- Responding to the escalation of support incidents from the Global IT Support Team.
- Supporting and enhancing the server, desktop and network estate to ensure maximum practical availability and efficiency.
- Serving as a reference for the global VMware, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, cloud-based infrastructure, network security, and network infrastructure.
- Identifying, analysing, recommending, and implementing technical solutions for problems, improvements, and developments across all company applications and infrastructure.
- Performing other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The right candidate will have the ability to:
- Provide service desk and basic infrastructure support.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Continually gain knowledge of the company-wide it services, while developing high levels of trust and business relationships with all parties.
- Facilitate, interact with and resolve issues among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines, at times under stressful circumstances.
- show proficiency in Desktop / Laptop systems, Microsoft Office Systems including O365, Azure IaaS, Windows 10, Exchange Server, iPad/iPhone, networking, security, Active Directory, SharePoint and Mobile Device Management (Intune).
- Comprehend and communicate accurately, clearly and concisely in English. (Spanish or French may also be beneficial depending upon assignment.)
- Recommend processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
- Demonstrate good, practical and objective problem-solving skills.
- Prioritise and complete projects on schedule and within budget.
- Show integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred.
- Knowledge of business applications.
- Understanding of business linkages and the ramifications that decisions can have.
- Extensive, responsible IT infrastructure experience.
- Experience with the following systems: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Active Directory design and administration, VMware ESXi implementation and administration, routing and switching, firewall security, SAN and storage services. Experience in a similar industry is desired.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team