Infrastructure Support Analyst - VR/26904
The Infrastructure Support Analyst position with this specialist engineering organisation is a brilliant opportunity for anyone looking to build on their IT infrastructure and systems expertise whilst providing invaluable support to staff based locally and internationally. With a superb work/life balance on offer and the chance to enhance and develop your knowledge and skills in cyber security in a challenging and supportive environment this could be the ideal next step in your career.
To provide support and troubleshooting of servers / network and end point devices and systems across the company corporate network. Additionally, ensuring IT Service Desk requests are attended to and are completed within SLAs and that the IT Service Management system is updated with the latest information and statuses regarding outstanding Service Requests and Incidents. Also ensure support is provided in-line with the IT Acceptable Use Policy and Security Policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Organising
- Providing regular feedback on project / support progress at update meetings and escalating any issues that may impact the user and/or business.
- Assisting with the continued development of the cyber security strategy. Delivering assigned projects on time and to budget.
- Assisting with the development of the 5-year infrastructure plan for new and replacement infrastructure systems. Delivering assigned projects on time and to budget.
Technical / Operations
- Ensuring excellent customer service is delivered throughout the global R&O business.
- Providing first line management of system failure, escalating as necessary and ensuring resolution in a timely fashion. Reporting key issues to IT&S management.
- Maintaining an infrastructure portfolio of internal services including external cloud services.
- Monitoring and reporting cyber security threats.
- Responding to / investigating cyber-security incidents.
- Preserving integrity of infrastructure and network ensuring data retention, recovery and disaster recovery solutions are available across the global business.
- Ensuring portfolio and ownership of licences are managed and maintained to meet compliance regulations.
- Developing cost effective solutions for the provision of key IT services either through in-house solutions or external Cloud resources.
- Ensuring key infrastructure is supported and maintained including physical servers, storage devices, virtual servers and protected from cyber-attacks.
- Ensuring all operating system software updates are applied across all global infrastructure devices including servers/storage/PC/laptops.
- Ensuring all IT systems are protected / backed-up and tested in agreement with the IT Management.
- Administrating cloud SaaS applications and services.
- Performing duties in-line with the IT Acceptable Use Policy and Security Policy.
- Providing out-of-hours support.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team / end users and third party vendors.
Health & Safety / Quality Assurance
- Following company QHS&E and operational procedures.
- Ensuring administration duties are carried out effectively and in a timely manner.
- Communicating effectively within the department and providing support and assistance to other staff/suppliers where appropriate.
- Delivering on commitments and promises.
- Undertaking other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensuring compliance with all company policies.
- Actively highlighting any improvement opportunity that may contribute to ensuring the safety of people, improve quality standards and take care of the environment.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to organise work for self while balancing changing priorities.
- Proven project planning and delivery skills for infrastructure.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding combined with proven experience of the Microsoft suite of server products including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy combined with a good understanding of cyber security practices.
- Working knowledge of VMware infrastructure and associated storage platforms.
- Experience configuring and administering Microsoft Azure services including Azure AD, Backups, Site Recovery, Enterprise Applications.
- Good knowledge of networking design and principles including TCP/IP, IP Subnets, VLANs, Wi-Fi technology.
- Strong troubleshooting capability for all infrastructure elements and able to assist other teams / vendors.
- Ability to conceptualise and implement key infrastructure technologies and associated support services.
- Excellent understanding of emerging technologies and best practices for Cloud and internal services.
- Building relationships with hardware and software vendors to provide cost effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build sound and sustainable relationships within the team, business and supply chain vendors.
- Composed when working under pressure and acts appropriately.
- Keen interest in developing self and increasing their knowledge of new cyber technologies.
- Degree / HND in computer related subject.
- Microsoft certifications.
- Networking principles.
- Employees at all levels of the business.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team