Internal Audit Manager – VR/24927
Internal Audit Manager required for leading international energy services firm. Responsible for delivering a portfolio of assigned audits on a global basis.
Overview job description
- The successful candidate will deliver a portfolio of assigned audits on a global basis, working as part of a small but specialist team to provide independent assurance that the Group’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively. This role comes from a restructuring of the internal audit function.
- Reporting into the UK based Head of Internal Audit, and with line manager responsibility, the successful candidate will engage in hands-on auditing to deliver high quality and insightful audit reports. Experience of effectively supervising experienced auditors on audit assignments with tight deadlines is a must, as are excellent report writing skills.
- The successful candidate will have significant audit experience, been trained in audit methodology, and with industry experience gained in a commercially focused and process improvement driven internal audit function.
- The majority of audits have a significant financial element, but with global process, operational and compliance audits also included on the annual audit plan.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Leading and hands-on delivering audit engagements, which includes planning, executing, reporting and following-up on remediation.
- Delivering multiple audits concurrently as needed, and developing audit programs and procedures where there may be minimum established guidance.
- Sourcing information quickly and efficiently, and drawing timely conclusions which allow for audits to conclude in line with the departmental schedule.
- Drafting ‘right first-time’ audit reports which are concise, impactful and balanced, and which clearly detail the correct root cause of issues identified.
- Establishing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- Chairing audit update and close meetings, displaying an ability to present views effectively, persuasively, and with appropriate conviction to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Developing direct reports and the wider team, through clearly defined and understood role responsibilities and performance objectives, regular feedback, and ongoing training.
- Recognising, leveraging and learning from skills already within the department; taking proactive steps to acquire and impart knowledge as part of a drive for continuous improvement within the function.
- Auditing with a professional scepticism and process improvement mindset.
- Assisting the Head of Internal Audit as needed, and helping to undertake specific projects that may arise (e.g. investigations).
Applicants to this role require
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA).
- Trained in audit methodology.
- Practical, end-to-end hands-on experience of delivering audits and overseeing supporting staff.
- An inquisitive and analytical mindset and an ability to understand the commercial and operational side of the business and relate it to the financial performance and metrics that are being audited.
- A self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude and a keen eye for focusing in on what matters.
- Appreciation of ERP (SAP beneficial) and payroll system functionality and risk.
- Ability and willingness to travel globally approximately 50% of the time.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, to manage competing priorities and to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong Excel skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team