IT Business Analyst – VR/24755
The IT Business Analyst works specifically with the UK operations function, project and engineering, and the Global IT Team to ensure streamlined IT service delivery in alignment with business objectives and that the assets’ IT needs are fully met.
The role holder will support both onshore and offshore Operations Teams particularly with regard to continuous improvement of key applications such as OSIsoft PI, Maximo, Opralog and MS 365 Power Apps and BI. They will be the single point of contact for IT / IM UK Capital projects and shall establish and implement IM / IT procedure and IT tools according to the agreed P&E IT strategy and plan.
The IT Business Analyst will have a good understanding of oil and gas production and maintenance operations as well as brownfield modifications and the systems and applications needed to support those activities.
This will include (but not limited to) the following applications and systems;
- Maintenance management.
- Permit to work.
- Real-time production and equipment monitoring.
- Engineering data management.
- Hydrocarbon Management and production reporting.
- HSSE management.
- Asset integrity.
- Project Information Management Systems (Omega PIMS).
- UK standards and digital initiatives.
The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for IT demand management for the assets and to ensure compliance with cyber security. The role combines business relationship management, application and solution management, business analysis and project / activity .
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary IT focal point for the operated assets; owns the IT / Operations relationship. Proactive, positive and professional engagement with local asset management team; fully aware of IT requirements, issues and opportunities.
- Accountable for demanding management for their assets in accordance with demand management process. Gathering high-level business requirements and defining scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings / interviews and facilitating group / cross-functional sessions with the asset organisation and external stakeholders as required.
- Working with the assets to develop and implement solutions that improve cost efficiency, increase business effectiveness and create values; Responsible for building the digital asset for P&E; Defining the overall digital strategy; Project and Engineering IT / IM tools (O365, HubSites, PIMS, planning tools etc.); Cyber security compliance; Ensuring that all IT Ops systems (data, applications and infrastructure) are in place.
- Leading in development of business cases to support asset development which require IT-based solutions.
- Coordinating overall IT activity towards the operated assets; working closely with the Global IT functions to communicate, inform and engage with around IT changes, updates, requirements, developments and projects. Acting as point of escalation for the asset as required.
- Acting as Project Manager for small scale scopes and / or interacts with PMs assigned to the larger scopes – using simplified project control guidelines which are largely based on a simplified PRINCE2 / gated process. Preparing and / or facilitating requests for proposal, requests for information and requests for quotes.
- Creating project plans, budget, cut over plans, project effort estimations for projects which they are responsible.
- Working closely with the Digital Asset Programme Lead to progress the company’s digital strategy, supporting and coordinating proof of concepts, trials and scaling of digital initiatives.
- Working closely with other Asset Support Advisors to drive consistency of support where possible, share best practice and coordinate delivery of digital initiatives.
- Fully aware of cyber security contexts and implications related to the assets and specifically for the offshore / industrial environment. Aware of standards such IEC62443, ISA99, NIS.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Suitable education, ideally at degree level with appropriate experience in IT, networks, offshore communications or similar.
- Extensive relevant experience from the oil and gas industry, and knowledge of the E&P business.
- Excellent business relationship / client facing skills: capable of building strong relationships with the business and working well as part of a team.
- Strong coordination, collaboration and organisation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering technical IT support.
- Experience in project set up, planning and delivery.
- Language: Fluent in English.
- Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn’t over complicate.
- Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions.
- Working effectively in a matrix structure, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams’ mindset.
- Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change.
- Takes a ‘first approach’, ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations (business oriented).
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team