IT Desktop Support - VR/24269
TMM Recruitment are supporting a multi-national energy sector service company to find a skilled and enthusiastic IT Desktop Support Analyst to join their IT Department ASAP on a 12-month temporary contract. The role is based in Westhill and there is an attractive PAYE day rate available.
Desktop Support is the second point of escalation for the resolution of customer PC related Incidents, requests or changes as per the established Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone).
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents.
- Perform IMAC (Install, Move, Add, and Change).
- Asset management.
- Coordinate with Break / Fix vendor for hardware repair.
- Attend bronze site visit according to the scheduled calendar. (May not apply to all Desktop Support personnel).
- Assist and work closely with SSO on IT security issue and virus eradication effort.
- Have a good understanding on the IT pricing.
- Have a good understanding of the IT Processes and Procedures.
- Comply with IT standard processes and procedures.
- Active participation in regular staff meetings as coordinated by Service Delivery manager.
- Maintain working area to professional standards.
- Comply with Schlumberger QHSE and IT security policies.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology related field (when degree is not held, prior formal technical training in relevant technical area and in people and business management skills can compensate).
Technical Skills Required:
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft PC applications.
- In-depth knowledge of PC hardware and software support.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve PC hardware and software incidents.
- MCP on Windows certification preferred
- Dell certification preferred
- On-site support experience supporting multiple operating systems.
- Experience working within an IT customer service focused environment.
Additional general requirements:
- Experience on an IT Service Desk a plus.
- Ability to write technical support documentation a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Willing to work flexible hours when appropriate.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and management.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team