IT Engineer - VR/27157
Our client is looking for an IT Engineer to join their close-knit team. This position is perfect for someone looking to work while studying or somebody self-employed seeking a part-time opportunity. The role is primarily based in their Cullen office, but hybrid and remote working options are also available. If you have in-depth, IT experience and are flexible and adaptable to working hours, we want to hear from you. Apply today and join their supportive team - full driving licence is essential!
Our client has been offering bespoke IT solutions to businesses all across the UK for over 35 years. Their team of experts have all the resources to supply IT services and solutions to any business, whether remotely or on site. Their reliable team has extensive knowledge of hardware, software, and maintaining all kinds of IT infrastructure from legacy systems to the latest modern technologies. While they have offices based in Cullen, Rhyl, and Huddersfield, they provide support to businesses remotely all across the UK.
- Installing and maintaining computer server, hardware and network systems, configuring desktop applications and email systems, operator training and helpdesk support.
- Providing support to those using Microsoft Office applications including 365.
- To provide technical support, answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Responding to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Supporting users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- To escalate more complex service issues to the relevant member of the team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Willingness to visit client sites as and when required.
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn.
- Organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent diagnostic, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experiences
- Experience working for a small-medium sized business.
- Exposure to a working helpdesk environment.
- Microsoft server operating environments, including Windows Server 2012,2016 and 2019
- Microsoft desktop operating systems: Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- IPv4 Networking Technologies – understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, DHCP, DNS and network security (proxy servers, firewalls).
- Experience in email systems: POP, IMAP, Exchange, 365.
- Experience of configuring and supporting networked and local printers.
- An understanding about networking, implementing a network, cabling, configuring routers, switches etc.
- Experience in configuring anti-virus solutions.
- Experience of supporting accounting packages such as Pegasus Opera, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero would be advantageous but not essential.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team