IT Infrastructure Analyst - VR/21468
Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Infrastructure Analyst on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in central Aberdeen. This is a 6-12-month contract position and the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice.
Supporting the company’s infrastructure environment, through focusing on server and storage, the IT Infrastructure Analyst will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Prioritising and managing operational support issues, along with project work.
- Planning and deploying infrastructure projects to a defined schedule.
- Communicating effectively with end users to minimise impact during changes.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system tools.
- Ensuring up-to-date documentation on infrastructure supported systems.
- Managing assigned tickets, as well as troubleshoot and resolving identified issues.
- Working to SLA thresholds for incidents, requests and problems.
- Utilising monitoring software to proactively respond to issues before clients are impacted.
- Automating tasks and processes, using tools and scripting, to improve efficiency.
- Complying with IT controls, including change management procedures.
- Out of hours availability occasionally required for changes and outages.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Applicants will be expected to possess a Degree qualification in a relevant IT / Computing discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar IT Infrastructure Analyst / Engineer type role is essential.
- Experience in a similar role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, would be preferred.
- Windows server management experience is essential.
- SAN and storage array management experience is essential.
- Experience with VMware vSphere infrastructure is essential.
- Experience with Active Directory and O365 is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess knowledge with the following:
- VMware HorizonView.
- Linux server management.
- General routing and switching.
- PowerShell scripting.
- F5 experience.
- Databases – SQL and Oracle.
- Splunk and SolarWinds.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team