IT Infrastructure Engineer - VR/21403
Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Dyce, Aberdeen. Working a 40-hour week, the IT Infrastructure Engineer will be expected to design, implement and maintain fit-for-purpose technical solutions.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Analysing the business needs to specific technology solutions.
- Reviewing functional and non-functional requirements on consistency.
Technical Design and Implementation:
- Designing technology solutions within architecture guidelines.
- Maintaining documentation for technical design of solutions.
- Ensuring acceptance by Business Representatives and Technology Service Manager.
- Managing delivery of technical solutions, based on defined acceptance criteria.
- Leading and / or participating in technology projects, in line with defined IT governance models and based on applicable project management principles.
Innovation and Optimisation:
- Proposing innovative solutions to reduce complexity and / or costs of ownership of technology services.
- Ensuring embedding of accepted innovations in technology roadmaps.
- Maintaining knowledge of ICT infrastructure architectures and solutions, including required certification levels.
- Analysing internal and external developments with regard to IT solutions.
- Assessing business change requests and communicating the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of IT solutions with services providers.
- Monitoring the implementation of changes.
- Participating in relevant IT projects.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant IT / Computing discipline would be preferred.
- Relevant product certifications (MSCE, Oracle, Cisco, etc) would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar IT Infrastructure Engineer type role is essential.
- Experience with infrastructure technology (networks, servers, solutions, etc) and service management processes (ITIL) is essential.
- Substantial hands-on experience of service level management is essential.
- Experience in service management support is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to translate business requirements into technology solutions and / or service KPIs.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience in the following areas:
- Cisco WAN, LAN, WLAN.
- Active Directory Domain Services.
- MS Wintel Server.
- MS SQL Server.
- MS Exchange.
- MS SCCM & McAfee ePO.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team