IT Infrastructure Engineer - VR/27130
Opportunity for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to join a leading provider of fully integrated solutions for operations, maintenance, modification, and asset integrity. This is a full-time, permanent position and hybrid working is available (3 days in office: 2 days from home).
The role holder will design, implement, and maintain fit-for-purpose technical solutions for internal clients based on business requirements and in line with security and technology architecture and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong, practical experience managing infrastructure and IT security tooling including WAN, LAN, Firewall and IPS, SAN, virtualisation, and client security.
- IT infrastructure project management experience.
- Experience working in a busy and competent Technical Team.
- Practical knowledge of infrastructure and cyber security incident management.
Technical Design and implementation
- Designing technology solutions in line with security and architecture guidelines and presenting to business and IT stakeholders.
- Implementing IT Infrastructure improvement and technology refresh projects.
- Maintaining documentation of technical design of solutions.
- Identifying, reporting, and mitigating system vulnerabilities.
- Analysing the business needs and design appropriate technology solutions.
- Reporting on utilisation, capacity, incident and availability incidents and trends.
Innovation and optimisation
- Proposing innovative solutions to improve IT security, reduce complexity and adding value to the business.
- As part of the team, ensuring that IT systems are running efficiently.
- Ensuring that managed service providers are performing to SLA.
- Participating in formal change management by designing, documenting and executing infrastructure changes.
- Participating in formal change management and peer review.
- Monitoring the implementation of changes by maintaining a change calendar together with the service providers (in- and / or external).
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The company attach great value to the key competences of their employees. You are expected to always give safety the highest priority and that you will strongly work together with others. You have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Bachelors degree Information Technology or similar.
- Relevant product certifications (e.g. Microsoft, Cisco and Netapp).
- Project Management.
- Architecture principles.
- Strong, hands-on technical design and implementation skills.
- A strong team player who works well with peers, the wider IT team and with others in the business.
- Demonstrate technical Subject Matter Expert level in key Infrastructure or Security technologies.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team