IT Project Manager - VR/25947
TMM Recruitment is supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry to find an IT Project Manager for a 6-month contract. Your primary focus will be the successful implementation of IT projects to deliver the identified business benefit. You will be responsible for all stages of the project lifecycle from project identification through the definition, build, test and implementation stages.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of IT projects to deliver the identified business benefits. They will oversee the Core Project Teams, made up of both internal and third-party members and be responsible for all stages of the project lifecycle from project identification through the definition, build, test and implementation phases. These IT projects can be from any of the business’s functions, but expectation is that this will be predominantly IT Infrastructure projects.
The IT Project Manager will be a self-motivated person with experience in the start-up and delivery of IT projects related to data management and survey. This role is a contract position with the Corporate IT Team and has a global remit.
- Directing and managing Project Teams made up of internals and third parties.
- Primary responsibility for IT Project Management to ensure successful delivery against targeted benefits, to the approved schedule and budget. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing scope and project requirements.
- Evaluations of solutions, technical options and cost / benefit analysis. Able to apply knowledge and understanding of business analysis techniques to describe a business requirement and to articulate potential solutions.
- Overseeing configuration and commissioning of solutions.
- Managing validation and acceptance of solutions.
- Facilitating implementation and supporting the business in change management.
- Preparing and maintaining project plans and progress reports, complying with the relevant PMO standards and procedures.
- Handing over completed projects to business as usual support.
- Carrying out and reporting post-implementation reviews.
- Providing input to formal functional IT steering committees to review delivery of the IT programme of work, prioritising and facilitating the delivery of the individual projects within the related programme.
- Regular progress reporting and continual review and improvement of ways of working.
- Involved in managing effective IT change in relation to the introduction, update of, and improvements to systems and services delivered by IT. Advising and supporting the business with the facilitation of the management of business change.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Preferred degree level education, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in a similar project management role, preferably with global exposure. A significant proportion of this time should have been spent managing IT projects.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile tools and practices i.e. Azure DevOps, Kanban and Scrum.
- Experience of projects deployed in a secure cloud environment (preferably Azure / AWS).
- A background in business analysis and project management combined with excellent communications and facilitation skills would be desirable.
- Exposure to data governance, data insights and data analytics.
- Customer-focussed attitude with a high degree of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills are required.
- A clear understanding of project management responsibilities and techniques: personnel management, project planning, cost control and progress reporting.
- Understands and adheres to standards and procedures relating to change management, performance management and security.
- Able to work independently, motivate and collaborate effectively with other functions.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated with good management skills.
- Evidence of ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well to colleagues, senior management and IT Partners, with a positive approach to customer care.
- Preferred Project Management qualifications.
- Preferred ITIL qualifications.
- Strong awareness and understanding of relevant industry trends and issues.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
TMM Recruitment INDIT email@example.com
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team