IT Project Manager - VR/27125
Market leading energy service company with a global reach is looking to recruit an IT Project Manager for a 12-month contact. Based in Portlethen, this role will be based on site however a compressed working hours scheme is available.
The job holder is primarily responsible for interfacing and managing all EMEA IT Application projects,
primarily the delivery of Microsoft Dynamics D365 for the EMEA Region. This will include defining project schedules, planning, and monitoring progress to ensure the smooth delivery of new system deployment or improvements. The job holder will also be responsible for coordinating support to cover operations; administration, analysing, identifying, and resolving client issues on the Company’s internal systems. Job holder works predominantly with key stakeholders and the global applications team, as well as end users and therefore should have excellent communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing a portfolio of projects ranging in size and complexity, and ensuring projects are delivered in scope, on time and within budget.
- Developing and managing detailed project schedules and work plans.
- Assembling, planning, and leading technical teams to deliver project objectives.
- Tracking project progress and costs, and proactively managing any changes via a controlled change management process.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation to track actions, risks, and issues.
- Providing project reporting, both internal and external.
- Transitioning and onboarding of customers into our managed services division.
- Planning and managing service changes and service go-lives.
- Conducting regular reviews during project and service transition with customers and key stakeholders / Senior Management.
- Ensuring any required operating procedures are in place and providing governance around processes and operating procedures.
- Ensuring any operating processes are robust and communicated to customers and the internal operational team.
- Continual service improvements on the services being provided.
- Working with global IT Team to ensure common standards and practices are adopted.
- Liaising with third party technical support provider for resolution of issues in timely manner.
- Promoting health, safety, and environmental policies, and communicating effective awareness of the risks and hazards to all personnel and maintain controls necessary for their safety and that of others.
- Performing all duties in accordance with the company’s quality procedures and work Instructions in order to deliver and maintain the highest standards of quality for all products and services.
- Developing self within role and participating in and developing from training and developmental activities assigned to oneself.
- Understanding the company’s service and product offerings.
- Establishing self as a subject matter expert with customer and expert in designated technical / professional discipline.
- Creating and maintaining good working relationships.
- Understanding and using of the correct reporting lines.
- Employees are expected to work whatever reasonable hours are necessary to meet the requirements of their job.
- Travel may be required on an ad hoc basis, so a degree of flexibility is required.
- Ad hoc duties as reasonably required from time to time.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level, preferably in Computer Science, or related field.
- HNC / HND qualification, preferably in Computer Science, or relevant subject area.
- Demonstrable experience in either supporting or developing an ERP system, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
- Proven ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide resolutions to complex ERP system issues.
- Advance Microsoft Certification(s).
- Demonstrable problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Keen interest in IT matters.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), influencing and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of commercial acumen.
- Highly professional conduct.
- High level of accuracy and strong organisation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Systematic and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Quick learner and willing to accept new challenges.
- Ability to collaborate with end users and stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with ability to interact confidently with clients.
- Self-learning ability with an inquisitive mind to keep up to date with evolving industry, technology and IT trends.
- Must be willing to travel and able to spend time away from home.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team