IT Support Specialist - VR/22989
Prestigious, well-known North East company, located near Stonehaven in southern Aberdeenshire, are seeking a skilled, dedicated IT professional to join their team to work onsite in an exciting permanent staff position. Please note that all necessary safely measures around the current COVID19 situation are in place and rigorously enforced across the manufacturing site.
As an IT Support Specialist, reporting to the IT Team Leader, you will provide multi-tiered support to all users experiencing issues with applications and server related incidents. As a strong communicator, you will be required to liaise with internal personnel and external organisations to provide timely resolutions within agreed SLAs. It is essential that the right candidate will have experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration as well as exposure to coding and ERP systems, ideally with IFS.
The IT Support Specialist will have responsibility for providing Tier 1, 2 and 3 telephone and on-site support to all users for both application and server related Incidents and Service Requests. They will liaise with internal and external resources to provide timely resolution of problems in line with agreed Service Level Agreements as well as providing preventative maintenance of all IT solutions.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Providing support to all users of hardware, software and IT services including network connectivity, remote working, mobile and office telephones.
- Analysing, diagnosing and resolving complex incidents and requests to ensure the most efficient solution is achieved with minimal disruption to IT system users, in line with SLA's.
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge in all technologies including our applications and be willing to learn and develop as the post requires.
- Logging all reported incidents or service requests in the IT ticketing system (FreshService).
- Proactively suggesting cost affective technical and process improvements and implementing them via change control pro
- Leading/working in a team to meet job requirements and for project related work.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Coordinating and supervising external contractors.
- Project management awareness.
- Providing out of hours cover as part of the on call rota.
- In addition, it is required to perform other duties assigned by the IT Team Leader/Finance Director.
- Working safely at all times in accordance with company Health and Safety policies, procedures, practices and legislation.
- At all times ensuring that all internal and external data protection requirements are strictly adhered to within your area of responsibility and that any breach, either direct or observed is reported in line with the Employee Breach Notification Procedure (1054046).
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Technical skills in Microsoft server technologies, as outlined in the Knowledge section below.
- Ability to learn new technologies as required.
- Highly organised and attentive to detail.
- Ability to work predominantly unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Strong Customer orientation.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Broad knowledge of all technologies including applications, telecoms and servers or equivalent knowledge in a similar environment. Technologies include;
- Microsoft Windows Server Administrator 2008/12/16 and 2019 would be advantageous;
- Office 365 Administration (especially in Onedrive & Sharepoint) is essential;
- Windows 7 and 10;
- Cloud technologies – SaaS;
- Knowledge in ERP software (preferably IFS);
- Experience in writing, analysing & debugging Oracle/SQL;
- VMWare Administration and troubleshooting;
- Backup solutions (Vsphere preferable);
- Patch management systems;
- SQL Server 2012/SQL Server 2019;
- Video conferencing;
- Cisco – CUCM;
- Mobile Device Management;
- AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP; and
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery.
- Diploma or Degree in IT related subject or substantial IT experience.
- Technical qualifications in specific technologies, e.g. Microsoft exams.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team