IT Systems Administrator – VR/24686
IT Systems Administrator needed on a permanent basis for an organisation located in Dyce, offering specialist services to the energy sector. As the IT Systems Administrator, you will provide IT support across multiple disciplines. You will be required to collaborate with the international IT Team. It is essential that the right candidate will have knowledge of server fundamentals, PC troubleshooting skills and strong customer support and teamwork skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating, communicating, and collaborating with International IT Team.
- Creating a monthly activity report.
- Timely process of IT support requests.
- Managing local IT contracts whilst planning and managing IT resource needs.
- Monitoring IT support operations and responding as the SDI business requires.
- Understanding and supporting user file / application access needs.
- Configuring WAPS (wireless access points);
- Reset or replace;
- Templates / password.
- General user support / user apps;
- Help desk call support and fix issues that escalated;
- User device support for both office and field staff.
- Understanding and supporting inventory control and license management;
- User software licensing;
- Server and device licensing.
- Contacting vendors for support as needed;
- Dell, HP, Cisco, broadband providers, etc.
- User support for Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Office 2016 and internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome).
- Understanding storage process and strategies for office server and user data back-up.
- Supporting licensed applications within the region.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Server, PC (laptop) Network and Internet fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Server, PC (laptop) trouble shooting skills and image management.
- Ability to access and troubleshoot user devices (PCs, smart phones and tablets).
- Strong customer support, customer enablement and teamwork skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and progress to local management and EH management.
- Work remotely and without constant supervision.
- Able to follow instruction and complete projects in a timely manner.
Education, Experience, Certification and Training
- MS PC Windows 7 through 11.
- MS Server 2012 through 2019.
- MS SQL, SCCM, with some Azure base infrastructure.
- 2 / 3 years minimum experience with on-premise IT Support role.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team