IT Systems Engineer - VR/23019
TMM Recruitment have partnered with an international, independent consultancy to source an IT Systems Engineer to join their team based in Aberdeen city centre on a permanent basis. The organisation specialises in delivering well engineering, drilling project management and reservoir management along with consultant manpower and software solutions to the energy sector.
This wide ranging, varied role will have responsibility for providing IT support across the business, including for international offices and external clients, while contributing their expertise to more complex issue resolution and broader ongoing projects.
Joining the well-establish and close-knit team of 4, the Systems Engineer will maintain and improve the IT systems for the company users and clients. They will maintain excellent customer satisfaction and provide innovative solutions across all areas of the business.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Development and improvement of all associated IT services and Infrastructure.
- Continued provision of IT support to all employees worldwide, and the company’s clients with support agreements.
- Helpdesk provision from 1st through to 3rd line.
- Management and control of ICT contractors engaged by AGR.
- Offshore IT support and provision of ICT services where required
- Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring where applicable
- Provide cover for IT team where applicable
- Maintain accurate documentation
- To propose to the team any measures which could improve performance / profitability of the company.
- Represent the organisation at formal functions, business meetings and social events.
- Work closely with all other departments to positively contribute well towards company morale / identity and working relationships.
- Delivering 99.9% Uptime SLA, strict adherence to change management procedures.
- Ensure all IT Policies and Procedures are followed under direction of the IT Team Leader / Global IT Manager.
- Ensure all HSEQ Policies and Procedures are followed.
- Build strong internal relationships with the Global IT Manager, wider IT Team, Program / Project Managers, AGR customers, Senior Management and employees
- Develop fruitful collaborations with external company approved vendors, suppliers and partners as well as Operational Support Group Managers and other stakeholders and customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have;
- ITIL Foundation.
- VCP CCNA.
- And / or considerable equivalent experience in a similar role.
The right candidate should have the following qualities. They will;
- be stress resilient and able to work under pressure
- be able to deliver to exacting and demanding standards and timescales.
- have a “can-do” attitude
- be flexible working across 1st – 3rd line support
- be organised
- be able to prioritise their workload
- be able to produce high quality documentation
The ideal candidate will have the following;
- Strong Microsoft infrastructure skills including AD, DHCP, DNS, Server and Group Policy.
- Citrix administration.
- Cisco networking.
- VMWare virtualisation skills.
- NetApp / SAN skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server administration.
- Microsoft Exchange administration.
- Microsoft 365 / Azure / Intune management.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team