JV Accountant - VR/28106
JV Accountant required based in the City Centre on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a prestigious midstream organisation to expand on your career and learn from an experienced and driven team. Experience working within a JV focused role is required as well as a background in the oil and gas industry. This role comes with a competitive salary and benefits package as well as flexible and hybrid working based in the heart of Aberdeen.
Description of Role
Our client is seeking a qualified/part-qualified Accountant reporting into the Finance Manager to undertake joint venture accounting and cost control processes, banking activities, and financial accounting support following an increase in workload due to a period of growth and heightened project activity.
The Accountant will have the primary focus of providing timely and accurate financial information relating to the company’s joint venture, in addition to supporting other core day to day finance activities as required, specifically:
- Managing JV banking facilities including all partner requests for funding and supplier payments, and preparing a weekly cash summary position and forecast.
- Preparing monthly joint venture billings and partner reports.
- Providing information to Finance Manager and assisting in preparing the monthly management reporting pack.
- Providing information to Finance Manager and assisting in the annual budget and quarterly reforecast processes.
- Providing ad hoc financial information or analysis to support the JV Project Team.
- Preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for selected group legal entities.
- Ensuring that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and HMRC.
Requirements of the Role/ Individual
- CA/ACA/ACCA qualification with sufficient and relevant experience post qualification, or strong part qualified
- Preferable to have experience in the oil and gas/energy industry.
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently unsupervised.
- Attentive to detail and comfortable working across all finance processes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to set deadlines.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team