Lead Engineer - Control Systems - VR/23597
Currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Engineer - Control Systems on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. At present, the company is offering a hybrid working arrangement, whereby the successful candidate would be able to work up to 2 days per week from home / remotely.
The Lead Engineer – Control Systems will be involved in all phases of field development from the early onset in studies, pre-FEED and FEED – all the way through to execution. The successful candidate will have ownership of the controls sub-system design and delivery interface. As the regional controls system expert, the post holder will have a key role in interfacing with the internal Controls and Automation (C&A) product line.
The Lead Engineer – Control Systems will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for controls sub-system engineering within the pre-FEED, FEED and tender phases, and establishing associated technical documentation in accordance with engineering practice and company values.
- Responsible for understanding controls sub-system and wider subsea / topside system implications. These shall be clearly communicated to the Project Engineering Manager, System Integration Engineer and the relevant Controls Engineering groups.
- Accountable for client relations trough meetings, presentations, interfaces etc.
- Responsible for technical management of controls scope of work, defined by procedures, contract, schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for identifying and analysing risks associated with engineering tasks. Expected to be proactively involved in the technical assurance review process.
- Accountable for delivering controls sub-system engineering package according to Company requirements.
- Responsible for approving design basis and coordinating design activities within discipline.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining controls internal and external interfaces.
- Accountable for developing relations with third party OEM controls providers, whose technology may be imposed by the Company ‘s brownfield wider dynamics, or be the topside incumbent. It will be necessary to be conversant and up to date with all solutions.
- Responsible for contributing to the Group’s control and automation technology roadmap by expressing technology gaps / needs / opportunities (based on projects or customer feedback).
- Responsible for contribution to potential acceptance / roll out of new technologies by the customer base.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the controls and systems engineering field is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to have had exposure to a wide range of field and controls architectures, as well as control system technologies from a range of companies.
- Experience with system and control systems engineering, within a brownfield environment, would be preferred.
- Experience with pressure protection systems, as well as understanding of SIL levels, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess expert knowledge of overall topside and subsea control systems and their individual sub-components.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team