Lead HSE Advisor - VR/26368
Join a leading oil and gas operator who are currently looking for a Lead HSE Advisor (Drilling & Wells) on a long-term contract basis, however the role may become a staff role down the line. This is a predominantly onshore role, however, there will be an Ad-Hoc requirement for offshore travel). Candidates must have Drilling & Wells experience!
As the HSE Lead Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Primary HSEQ focal point for UK D&Ws Department.
- Acting as D&Ws regulatory focal point for HSE issues.
- Ensuring all HSE standards are adhered to as per UK Relevant Statutory Provisions and recognised industry guidelines.
- Ensuring the provision of specialist HSEQ advice to D&Ws management and workforce.
- Ensuring accurate reporting of rig, third party and rig contactor HSE activities.
- Ensuring that all undesired events are reported, investigated and remedial action taken in a timely manner to prevent recurrence.
- Ensuring that any undesired event lessons learned are communicated effectively.
- Travelling to offshore locations to conduct investigations, training, audits and accompany regulatory inspections as required.
- Managing D&Ws Go/No/Go assurance processes.
- Facilitating and supporting D&Ws risk management / assessment processes (HAZID/ HAZOP/ Risk Assessments and input into DWOPs and CWOPs).
- Working to ensure the timely close out of all HSEQ Synergi actions.
- Developing and managing the D&Ws HSE Plan and associated HSE objectives.
- Developing and managing the D&Ws HSE Audit Plan (participating in HSE audits, both internal and external (onshore and offshore).
- Providing HSEQ support to Supply Chain, for tendering and the management of equipment and service providers and their contracts.
- Ensuring appropriate selection and management of contractor companies, taking account of HSEQ considerations – acting as the D&Ws focal point for associated Contractor Forums.
- Maintaining D&Ws management system documentation to maintain ISO14001, 45001 and 50001 certification.
- Supporting the wider UK HSEQ function as required.
- Supporting the Emergency Response organisation by filling a role on the ER duty rota.
- Identifying and adopting creative and alternative approaches to problem-solving and encourage others to do the same.
- Openly questioning established practices and seeking to identify continuous quality and improvement opportunities.
- Conducting on-site inspections ensuring safety standards are met and being managed consistently.
- Ensuring implementation and compliance with HSE Management systems Bridging arrangements.
- Facilitating regulatory inspections.
- Interfacing with Operations and Project Teams to ensure appropriate identification and mitigation of risks associated with D&Ws activities.
- Coaching and supporting onshore and offshore personnel to assure that all HSE risks associated with D&Ws activities on site are adequately identified and addressed.
- Reporting on HSEQ metrics and support the management of the process to develop insights from HSEQ metrics analysis, self-verification and incident investigation findings.
- Advising on emerging risks and HSEQ improvement opportunities and provide direction to improve the HSEQ performance within D&Ws.
- Ensuring industry operational HSE best practices and standards are followed/implemented, in conjunction with the relevant Technical Authorities and Business Process Owners.
- Possessing a relevant University degree (MSc preferred) or relevant HSE qualification(s) (e.g., NEBOSH) etc.
- Relevant supporting technical / industry qualifications.
- Related D&Ws HSE experience in leading teams supporting and managing offshore operations.
- Comprehensive understanding, good working knowledge of and experience in implementing and complying with HSE related legislation (on and offshore), corporate, national and international standards, and industry best practices.
- Lead Auditor certificate and experience.
- Experience in incident investigation using COMET/TOPSET/Tripod methodologies or similar.
- Strong facilitator of improvement and change management.
- Appreciation of Human Factors and Major Accident Hazards.
- Strong team player with excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving.
- Offshore medical and survival/ MIST training certificates are necessary. Offshore visits as required (minimum one visit every 3 months).
- Strong HSEQ culture.
- Is an efficient self-starter with an ability to work alone and as part of a team, prioritise tasks, and deliver against deadline.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team