Lead Mechanical Engineer - Mobile Equipment - VR/21001
Currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer - Mobile Equipment on a permanent staff basis for a large Oil and Gas company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. Reporting to the Mobile Equipment Manager, the Lead Mobile Equipment Engineer - Mobile Equipment will work within the marine operations service and will support the Company’s fleet of vessels and equipment across the globe.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer - Mobile Equipment will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing engineering solutions and support for the Company’s fleet of mobile equipment.
- Specify the requirements of new mobile equipment assets.
- Providing expertise in the event of operational issues with mobile equipment.
- Driving engineering integrity and compliance of all mobile equipment.
- Managing the delivery of all certification and technical documentation.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Engineering Degree qualification would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Previous experience of working with complex equipment, within the subsea sector is essential.
- The successful candidate will be working with a wide range of mobile marine and subsea installation equipment. Applicants will be expected to possess experience with the majority of the following equipment:
- Major installation equipment:
- Carousel flexible lay spreads.
- Subsea plough spreads.
- Hyperbaric welding and pipe lifting tools.
- Diving operations equipment:
- Light daughter craft – surface diving RIB.
- Nitrox surface diving spreads.
- Hyperbaric lifeboat rescue systems.
- Mobile hyperbaric rescue facility.
- Umbilical winches.
- TEU footprint debris baskets.
- Dive baskets.
- General installation equipment (chutes etc).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team