Lead Purchaser – VR/23802
An opportunity to join a global leader in the energy industry as a Lead Purchaser; responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a team of Buyers and working in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing sourcing support for vessels and shared services as required, focused on offering cost-effective solutions.
- Maintaining strong communication with internal departments to ensure satisfactory support is provided.
- Ensuring the team critically review RFQs, requisitions and specifications received and that these are completed in accordance with company governance, procedures and policies.
- Selecting approved vendors and consolidating tail spend orders, with a focus on channelling spend through the procurement house/frame agreements, ensuring reduction of transaction costs.
- Establishing and monitoring team performance.
- Maintaining responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behaviour.
- Working to set deadlines and taking responsibility for your own time management with regular feedback on activity to the Department Head and to the Customer.
- Increasing other Department / Vessels awareness of the Purchasing functions.
This opportunity is well-suited to applicants with significant knowledge of Supply Chain concepts, ideally within the oil & gas industry. You should have significant purchasing experience, as well as team leadership / supervision experience; including setting team objectives and delivering appraisals.
You’ll need the ability to recognise and recommend opportunities for process improvements and should be familiar with multiple ERP systems.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package. You’ll have the opportunity to work develop your skills, knowledge and experience in a positive working environment with a strong sense of team spirit. This organisation also offers flexible ways of working and access to facilities including an on-site gym and staff restaurant.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team