Legal Counsel - VR/22393
Urgent requirement for a Legal Counsel to join global subsea services firm on a contract basis. This will be through to October 2021.
Working as part of the Subsea Legal and Contracts Management Team, the key responsibility of the role will be to analyse the legal aspects of bid processes and group contracts. Reporting to the Legal Director, duties include:
- Performing detailed legal review in connection with Invitation to Tenders and prepare qualifications as required in order to properly manage risks and comply with the Bid Procedure and/or contracting principles and guidelines.
- Liaising and obtaining advice or quality check by GBU and / or functional expertise, e.g. corporate, compliance, litigation, tax, finance etc.
- Assisting in negotiations with clients, joint venture partners and subcontractors.
- Providing input on contractual and commercial risk identified, to ensure this is taken into account in Tender evaluation.
- Following award of a contract, preparing a summary of the main contractual principles set out in the contract.
- Providing guidance on required “flowdowns” to Subcontractors
- Participating in final review of all contractual and commercial documents prior to contract signature.
- Assisting hand-over to Project Team for execution.
- Experience with contracts in oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- General familiarity with standard legal concepts and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of contractual principles.
- Strong presentation and negotiation ability.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team